Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Other Smilebox Presentations?

NipkowDisc

Thus far all I've seen tcm smilebox is How The West Was Won. What about the other Cinerama films like Ice Station Zebra? Who wouldn't want to see Rock's sub the Tigerfish smileboxed? I know I would.  :)

A year or so ago, TCM showed a lot of smilebox Cinerama. I don't recall if ISZ was among them. To me, the best thing about ISZ is Patrick McGoohan. But, since it was Howard Hughes' favorite film, I guess I'd rather see it frownboxed.  ;)

A year or so ago, TCM showed a lot of smilebox Cinerama. I don't recall if ISZ was among them. To me, the best thing about ISZ is Patrick McGoohan. But, since it was Howard Hughes' favorite film, I guess I'd rather see it frownboxed.  ;)

Well, I've been watching tcm for years and have only seen HTWWW smileboxed. If the other films tcm has shown smileboxed were musicals then that would explain why I haven't seen them.  :)

Geeze... please, someone help us out here. Find out when it was that TCM celebrated Cinerama, and give us a list of the films they showed. I'd do it myself, if I knew how.

I think they showed ~ 6, and I guess some were musicals. I watched several.

Have they shown ice station zebra smileboxed?  :D

... please, someone help us out here. Find out when it was that TCM celebrated Cinerama, and give us a list of the films they showed.

The primetime 60th anniversary schedule? That was on October 18, 2012:

Cinerama Adventure (repeated at midnight)

This Is Cinerama

How the West Was Won

They mention the Smilebox in this article:

http://www.tcm.com/this-month/article.html?isPreview=&id=499698|499713&name=Cinerama-Adventure

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings