Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What rarely shown movies would you like TCM to play???

'Hangover Square' and 'The Blue Gardina' with Richard Conti. Anne Baxter & Burr. As well as a few others. Could be when that progammer leaves or takes a vacation we'd get someone to dig into their titles and come up with some freash entries...my, that would be novel.

Leo, wake up and smell the coffee. TCM has played "The Blue Gardenia" with Richard Conte, a few times already.

And since "Hangover Square" is a 20th Century-Fox movie, you've seen it on the Fox Movie Channel.

Thus our TCM Programmer is doing just fine.

I'd like to see Waterloo Bridge, Mississippi Gambler, Interrupted Melody, Good Morning Miss Dove, One Night in the Tropics, Casanova's Big Night, and I wouldn't mind having a Ma and Pa Kettle Film Festival!

I have no title, but.... Dick Powell was a dog (German Shepherd ?) that had died and returned as a gumshoe to find his murderer (and do good deeds along the way). His companion was a race horse, given another chance to assist in good deeds. I don't recall the actress who had that role, though. I haven't seen the movie for an awesomely long time, but it was an absolute delight!

I would like to see and/or purchase the movie "The Cheaters", (1945) staring; Joseph Shildkraut, Eugene Pallette, and Billie Burke. Directed by Joseph Kane. One of the great underrated Christmas movies of all time which is in great danger of dissapearing into oblivion.

What a hoot that movie was, surlyc!

It was You Never Can Tell and is on my list somewhere of movies I'd like TCM to show. I have it partially taped from 'used to be good' AMC.

Peggy Dow was the actress -- she and Dick were amazingly good as animals reincarnated as people. A user in imdb agrees with me:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0044223/

<<<<>>>

I don't know why Fox should be obligated to lease their films to TCM. They have their own movie channel, I don't blame them.

And TCM does show John Wayne movies--Red River, She Wore a Yellow Ribbon, Hatari, The Searchers, The Quiet Man. These are just a few I could think of off the top of my head. I don't see the big deal about The High & The Mighty anyway. Isn't it supposed to be on TCM sometime soon? (See Sue--I can respond without being nasty--it's hard though.)

Helen- I do see the good nature in you even when you are arguing. It takes talent, dicipline and patience but it can be done. However, there are a few times when one MUST lose their cool and just rant. :D Sue

And to decotoddla--I do not watch any other movie channel, so it would be nice to see The King and I if it were available to TCM and, yes, I know that it is on DVD but haven't got that far on my wish list yet. I really didn't intend to disturb you so. :) Sue

A few years ago I saw a movie called Romance in Manhattan with Ginger Rogers. It was one of the cutest movies I have ever seen! I have wanted to see it soooo badly ever since. I keep doing that Suggest a Movie thing, so maybe it will be shown!

I just found out that there is a new release of a DVD...

The Complete Thin Man Collection is becoming available on DVD...I am so excited! I can't wait to get it!

Didn't know exactly where to post!

Tabitha in Tucson

I would like to see some of the less serious Sydney Poitier movies on TCM. Ex. "Uptown Saturday Night", "A Piece of the Action", and "Let's Do It Again". They all are hilarious. Sydney P. and Bill Cosby made an excellent pair. I would also like to see the comedies he has directed like "Stir Crazy". Is there a reason why TCM has avoided these movies?

> I would like to see and/or purchase the movie "The

> Cheaters", (1945) staring; Joseph Shildkraut, Eugene

> Pallette, and Billie Burke. Directed by Joseph Kane.

> One of the great underrated Christmas movies of all

> time which is in great danger of dissapearing into

> oblivion.

Just read the plot summary for this over at imdb - gosh this sounds familiar but if I saw it - it had to be years ago! I'm casting a vote for this one too!