Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Parody of MILDRED PIERCE

HoldenIsHere

I love the Carol Burnett parodies! This one is fantastic and so insightful. Gotta love those shoulder pads. This is one of my favorite of her parodies, plus her parodies of TOP HAT, BABES IN ARMS, RANDOM HARVEST, and the legendary GONE WITH THE WIND. Another insightful one is THE HEIRESS which has the ending the movie should have had. :)

I love the Carol Burnett parodies! This one is fantastic and so insightful. Gotta love those shoulder pads. This is one of my favorite of her parodies, plus her parodies of TOP HAT, BABES IN ARMS, RANDOM HARVEST, and the legendary GONE WITH THE WIND. Another insightful one is THE HEIRESS which has the ending the movie should have had. :)

I found the parody of The Heiress on youtube. Utterly hilarious! Carol had a way with making fun of the movie, and playing to how people wanted it to end. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AjQHJHDy7A

I found the parody of The Heiress on youtube. Utterly hilarious! Carol had a way with making fun of the movie, and playing to how people wanted it to end. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AjQHJHDy7A

Even in the '70s, were most viewers familiar with RANDOM HARVEST and THE HEIRESS? I doubt it. In order to appreciate a parody, you have to be famliiar with the film.

Even in the '70s, were most viewers familiar with RANDOM HARVEST and THE HEIRESS? I doubt it. In order to appreciate a parody, you have to be famliiar with the film.

Before the invention of the VHS/VCR, if they weren't revived on television on late night, like silent cinema was: 

There were revival houses in which people could see classic film. 

"Old" movies were a staple of late night broadcast television from the 1950s through the 1970s. 

Many local stations had a "Late Show" that aired these movies and  apparently the CBS network had something called "THE CBS LATE MOVIE" which aired from 1972-1976.

From the comments in the article below, there was also something called the LATE LATE SHOW.

http://www.classicfilmtvcafe.com/2011/12/remembering-cbs-late-movie.html

Kelsey Grammer in his remarks about Lauren Bacall shown on TCM talks about watching her old movies on TV.

Meryl Streep in her remarks about Bette Davis mentions how in 1960s she and her friends would watch her movies on TV.

• Like 1