Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM and Other Sources for Classic Film

5 minutes ago, Bethluvsfilms said:

Awesome pair of movies. Leslie was so dashing in THE SCARLET PIMPERNEL and the sequel wasn't half bad despite Leslie's absence.

Yeah, I like the sequel. Barry Barnes was a decent actor.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, CinemaInternational said:

Thanks. There are several good ones there, including some of Bette Davis' best films. Though I'm surprised there aren't any holiday type films.

1 hour ago, Bethluvsfilms said:

Love these flicks.

THE BISHOP'S WIFE was one of my mother's very favorite films, so I always think about her when it's airing.

Every year I like HOLIDAY AFFAIR more and more. There's no Santa, no angel or spirits. Just a really nice story about a war widow and how she tries to raise her son to be mature beyond his years and how her whole world is changed by a chance meeting while Christmas shopping (or secret shopping.)

I have to say, though, that I really like the Carl Davis character (Wendell Corey) better than Robert Mitchum's Steve Mason and always wish Janet Leigh's Connie Ennis would have stayed with him.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Bethluvsfilms said:

Interesting selection. Been awhile since I saw MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT,  must catch it again.

I'm looking forward to it, as well! I've only seen the first half of the film.

• Like 1