Jump to content

 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TopBilled

TCM and Other Sources for Classic Film

Recommended Posts

Sunday December 22, 2019

screen.jpeg

Bing Crosby as Father O'Malley on TCM

GOING MY WAY with Barry Fitzgerald

THE BELLS OF ST. MARY'S with Henry Travers

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Monday December 23, 2019

Screen shot 2017-04-11 at 7.02.41 PM.png

Letters, we get letters on TCM

THE LETTER with Jeanne Eagels

THE LETTER with Bette Davis

Screen shot 2017-04-11 at 7.01.32 PM.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wednesday December 25, 2019

Screen Shot 2018-06-06 at 6.24.45 AM.jpg

Westerns just added on Starz

TOMAHAWK with Yvonne De Carlo

THE LAWLESS BREED with Rock Hudson

FRENCHIE with Shelley Winters

TALL MEN with Clark Gable

JESSE JAMES with Tyrone Power

TELL THEM WILLIE BOY IS HERE with Robert Redford

WHISPERING SMITH with Alan Ladd

SHOWDOWN AT ABILENE with Jock Mahoney

WESTERN UNION with Randolph Scott

CATTLE DRIVE with Joel McCrea

SIERRA with Audie Murphy

THE APPALOOSA with Marlon Brando

THE PROUD ONES with Robert Ryan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thursday December 26, 2019

Screen Shot 2019-12-25 at 10.29.44 AM.jpeg

Young films on TCM

YOUNG MR. LINCOLN with Henry Fonda

YOUNG BESS with Jean Simmons

YOUNG CASSIDY with Rod Taylor

YOUNG WINSTON with Simon Ward

YOUNG CATHERINE with Julia Ormond

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CinemaInternational said:

Lots of Danny Kaye films on that page!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Friday December 27, 2019

screen.jpg

Sydney Greenstreet on TCM

THE VERDICT with Peter Lorre

PASSAGE TO MARSEILLE with Michele Morgan

BACKGROUND TO DANGER with George Raft

FLAMINGO ROAD with Joan Crawford

PILLOW TO POST with Ida Lupino

THE HUCKSTERS with Clark Gable

CONFLICT with Humphrey Bogart

CASABLANCA with Ingrid Bergman

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sunday December 29, 2019

e9bSV7MVR5KzYuIVtdY89w_mini_4f1.jpg

Judy Holliday on TCM

BELLS ARE RINGING with Dean Martin

BORN YESTERDAY with William Holden

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/28/2019 at 5:07 AM, TopBilled said:

Saturday December 28, 2019

Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 7.50.42 PM.jpeg

Diahann Carroll on TCM

CLAUDINE with James Earl Jones

THE SPLIT with Jim Brown

 From my son...

 Said to be the first film to be "R" rated, "the Split" offered an interesting full-circle moment for its star: Pushed into premature retirement when "The Dirty Dozen" over shot production, Jim Brown played his last professional football game at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum - the central backdrop for "the Split"!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SherNo said:

 From my son...

 Said to be the first film to be "R" rated, "the Split" offered an interesting full-circle moment for its star: Pushed into premature retirement when "The Dirty Dozen" over shot production, Jim Brown played his last professional football game at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum - the central backdrop for "the Split"!

THE SPLIT has a great cast. TCM doesn't broadcast it nearly enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TopBilled said:

THE SPLIT has a great cast. TCM doesn't broadcast it nearly enough.

 Also from my son...

 Speaking of "the Split"(read: the NFL and 1968) and TCM's inattention to "your"film here, TopBilled, the Charlton Heston movie that featured some real live '68 New Orleans Saints, "NUMBER ONE", seems to  also get the "blind side" from TCM.

 For those who think the Kezar Stadium pull away fade-out in "Dirty Harry" (1971) was wholly original might find a particular scene in "NUMBER ONE" (1969) interesting viewing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SherNo said:

 Also from my son...

 Speaking of "the Split"(read: the NFL and 1968) and TCM's inattention to "your"film here, TopBilled, the Charlton Heston movie that featured some real live '68 New Orleans Saints, "NUMBER ONE", seems to  also get the "blind side" from TCM.

 For those who think the Kezar Stadium pull away fade-out in "Dirty Harry" (1971) was wholly original might find a particular scene in "NUMBER ONE" (1969) interesting viewing.

Never heard of NUMBER ONE. A rather obscure picture. Thanks for mentioning it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_One_(1969_film)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Monday December 30, 2019

ae449-screen2bshot2b2016-10-202bat2b5-24-562bam.png?w=320&h=306

Three stars are born on TCM

A STAR IS BORN with Janet Gaynor

A STAR IS BORN with Judy Garland

A STAR IS BORN with Barbra Streisand

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TopBilled said:

Monday December 30, 2019

ae449-screen2bshot2b2016-10-202bat2b5-24-562bam.png?w=320&h=306

Three stars are born on TCM

A STAR IS BORN with Janet Gaynor

A STAR IS BORN with Judy Garland

A STAR IS BORN with Barbra Streisand

I know it's not technically a remake, but wouldn't it have made for a wonderful evening if they had shown WHAT PRICE HOLLYWOOD before the 1937 A STAR IS BORN?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sagebrush said:

I know it's not technically a remake, but wouldn't it have made for a wonderful evening if they had shown WHAT PRICE HOLLYWOOD before the 1937 A STAR IS BORN?

I agree. A wonderful idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wednesday January 1, 2020

Screen Shot 2019-11-20 at 6.14.00 PM.jpeg

Cagney on TCM

THE ROARING TWENTIES with Gladys George

THE PUBLIC ENEMY with Mae Clarke

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thursday January 2, 2020

Screen Shot 2020-01-01 at 6.04.01 PM.jpeg

Bob Hope's on the road on TCM

ROAD TO MOROCCO with Bing Crosby

ROAD TO UTOPIA with Dorothy Lamour

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Friday January 3, 2020

image.png.abbff69c0c296ece08b54a994591a778.png

Apes on TCM

PLANET OF THE APES with Charlton Heston

BENEATH THE PLANET OF THE APES with James Franciscus

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saturday January 4, 2020

4598c-screen2bshot2b2016-11-042bat2b11-59-072bam.png?w=660

A classic Fox western on TCM

THE GUNFIGHTER with Gregory Peck

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2014 at 12:39 PM, TopBilled said:

This thread will look at how much people watch TCM (or if they are watching competing channels more).

 

 

 

In my neck of the woods, Comcast replaced 4 commercial free movie channels with 8 others including Epix which shows newer films than TCM.  So far I've once again enjoyed No Way Out, As Good As It Gets,  Crimes and Misdemeanors, Lenny, Chinatown,  Almost Famous, Rainman (on Screenpix), What Lies Beneath and Get Shorty.  Kinda fun for a change of pace.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2019 at 8:46 AM, Bethluvsfilms said:

Good films.

(Though as much as I love Art Carney, and no argument from me he was great in HARRY AND TONTO, I am not so sure he deserved to win the Best Actor oscar that year over Al Pacino in THE GODFATHER PART II or Jack Nicholson in CHINATOWN).

Though it's been awhile since I've seen HARRY AND TONTO. Maybe I'll change my mind this viewing.

Or my favorite Dustin Hoffman performance in Lenny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


© 2020 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy
×
×
  • Create New...