1 hour ago, TopBilled said:

Friday February 7, 2020

Screen shot 2017-01-11 at 9.10.06 PM.png

Woody Allen in the 70s on TCM

INTERIORS with Maureen Stapleton

ANNIE HALL with Diane Keaton

THE FRONT with Zero Mostel

Love ANNIE HALL. 

And I am not really a big Woody Allen fan, but I do love Diane Keaton in this one and even Woody is quite amusing in this one.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Bethluvsfilms said:

Love ANNIE HALL. 

And I am not really a big Woody Allen fan, but I do love Diane Keaton in this one and even Woody is quite amusing in this one.

It's probably his most well-known film.

Screen shot 2017-01-02 at 12.23.19 PM.png

But much of ANNIE HALL's success is down to Keaton. Without her, it would be nothing.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, TopBilled said:

Saturday February 8, 2020

Screen Shot 2020-02-07 at 5.40.51 PM.jpeg

Burt Lancaster on TCM

FROM HERE TO ETERNITY with Deborah Kerr

SEPARATE TABLES with Rita Hayworth

ATLANTIC CITY with Susan Sarandon

Awesome selection, especially ATLANTIC CITY and FROM HERE TO ETERNITY.

That infamous beach scene with Deborah Kerr puts many explicit sex scenes in today's cinema to shame, I must say.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

Sunday February 9, 2020

SCREEN1.jpeg

Out west with Kirk Douglas on Starz

GUNFIGHT AT THE O.K. CORRAL with Burt Lancaster

POSSE with Bruce Dern

THE MAN FROM SNOWY RIVER with Sigrid Thornton

Really looking forward to GUNFIGHT AT THE O.K. CORRAL. Kirk and Burt always worked well together in any movie they did together.

• Like 1
Just now, Bethluvsfilms said:

Really looking forward to GUNFIGHT AT THE O.K. CORRAL. Kirk and Burt always worked well together in any movie they did together.

It's on Starz, not TCM...certainly a great western.

36 minutes ago, Bethluvsfilms said:

Great flicks, with two awesome leading men.

I watched OUR TOWN yesterday on Amazon Prime. For the first time. It's such a wonderful and moving film. 

I hope people get the chance to watch or re-watch it today on TCM. All the performances are sublime.

• Like 2
19 hours ago, TopBilled said:

I watched OUR TOWN yesterday on Amazon Prime. For the first time. It's such a wonderful and moving film. 

I hope people get the chance to watch or re-watch it today on TCM. All the performances are sublime.

I love ONE FOOT IN HEAVEN. I particularly love the scene in the soda shop between March and one of his neighbors who happens to be an Atheist. They sit  there together, drinking root beer floats, politely disagreeing about the existence of God. It's a very charming scene.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Bethluvsfilms said:

Great movies. Tracy turns in one of his best performances as an innocent men driven to vengeance in FURY.

Yes, one of his best. Directed by Fritz Lang. It was remade in 1950 as TRY AND GET ME.

I remember many moons ago reading the Leonard Maltin review in his Movie Guide in regards to SUMMER WISHES, WINTER DREAMS (1973).  I went out and bought the movie.  It was on Columbia Home Video.  I used to do that a lot.  I'd go through my old Maltin Movie and Video Guides and read bunches of reviews and some movies had a plot line that intrigued me and there was that upside down triangle symbol to indicate 'Video Availability'.  And most of these movies were not easily found for 'RENT'.  So I'd just buy them sight unseen and hope for the best.  It worked out pretty well.  It was a rare occasion when I bought a movie I thought I'd like and did not care for it after all.  I bought ADAM AT 6 A.M. just because the Maltin review sounded like the kind of movie I'd like.  Same with the 1969 UK movie THE VIRGIN SOLDIERS.  That was also on Columbia. 

I was always interested in hunting down more obscure movies because the popular ones were already easy to find.  Finding a few hidden gems here 'n' there was fun! 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Mr. Gorman said:

I remember many moons ago reading the Leonard Maltin review in his Movie Guide in regards to SUMMER WISHES, WINTER DREAMS (1973).  I went out and bought the movie.  It was on Columbia Home Video.  I used to do that a lot.  I'd go through my old Maltin Movie and Video Guides and read bunches of reviews and some movies had a plot line that intrigued me and there was that upside down triangle symbol to indicate 'Video Availability'.  And most of these movies were not easily found for 'RENT'.  So I'd just buy them sight unseen and hope for the best.  It worked out pretty well.  It was a rare occasion when I bought a movie I thought I'd like and did not care for it after all.  I bought ADAM AT 6 A.M. just because the Maltin review sounded like the kind of movie I'd like.  Same with the 1969 UK movie THE VIRGIN SOLDIERS.  That was also on Columbia. 

I was always interested in hunting down more obscure movies because the popular ones were already easy to find.  Finding a few hidden gems here 'n' there was fun! 

Yes. I like finding the more obscure classics too. It's like discovering hidden treasure.

Then you get to tell other people about these films. 

• Like 1