Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM and Other Sources for Classic Film


Recommended Posts

Wednesday July 15, 2020

auntiemame_threedollarbillcinema

Feel-good films on TCM

AUNTIE MAME with Rosalind Russell

MEET ME IN ST. LOUIS with Judy Garland

LIFE WITH FATHER with William Powell

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TopBilled said:

Wednesday July 15, 2020

auntiemame_threedollarbillcinema

Feel-good films on TCM

AUNTIE MAME with Rosalind Russell

MEET ME IN ST. LOUIS with Judy Garland

LIFE WITH FATHER with William Powell

Great selection of films, especially looking forward to LIFE WITH FATHER.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thursday July 16, 2020

Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 6.50.26 AM

Coburn classics on TCM

BACHELOR MOTHER with Ginger Rogers

THE MORE THE MERRIER with Jean Arthur

LOUISA with Spring Byington

GENTLEMEN PREFER BLONDES with Marilyn Monroe

THE GREEN YEARS with Dean Stockwell

B.F.'S DAUGHTER with Barbara Stanwyck

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TopBilled said:

Thursday July 16, 2020

Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 6.50.26 AM

Coburn classics on TCM

BACHELOR MOTHER with Ginger Rogers

THE MORE THE MERRIER with Jean Arthur

LOUISA with Spring Byington

GENTLEMEN PREFER BLONDES with Marilyn Monroe

THE GREEN YEARS with Dean Stockwell

B.F.'S DAUGHTER with Barbara Stanwyck

Looking forward to these, especially THE MORE THE MERRIER, THE GREEN YEARS and GENTLEMEN PREFER BLONDES.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bethluvsfilms said:

Looking forward to these, especially THE MORE THE MERRIER, THE GREEN YEARS and GENTLEMEN PREFER BLONDES.

Yes, these are all excellent.

Make sure to watch LOUISA (1950). It's very good and a TCM premiere. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

Yes, these are all excellent.

Make sure to watch LOUISA (1950). It's very good and a TCM premiere. 

 

8 minutes ago, Bethluvsfilms said:

Looking forward to these, especially THE MORE THE MERRIER, THE GREEN YEARS and GENTLEMEN PREFER BLONDES.

Bachelor Mother is a good one, too, with David Niven playing opposite Ginger Rogers.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, YourManGodfrey said:

Bachelor Mother is a good one, too, with David Niven playing opposite Ginger Rogers.

Technically BACHELOR MOTHER airs a bit earlier and is part of the Ginger Rogers birthday tribute on TCM tomorrow.

But I included it here, since Coburn is also in it.

The Coburn spotlight occurs during primetime and starts with THE MORE THE MERRIER (his Oscar winning performance).

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TopBilled said:

Technically BACHELOR MOTHER airs a bit earlier and is part of the Ginger Rogers birthday tribute on TCM tomorrow.

But I included it here, since Coburn is also in it.

The Coburn spotlight occurs during primetime and starts with THE MORE THE MERRIER (his Oscar winning performance).

I looked through the schedule afterwards and realized that they were showing a bunch of Ginger Rogers films, too. It’s a great film to show, because it acts as a bridge between the two tributes. I’m sure whoever suggested that at TCM got a gold star. 😆

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, YourManGodfrey said:

I looked through the schedule afterwards and realized that they were showing a bunch of Ginger Rogers films, too. It’s a great film to show, because it acts as a bridge between the two tributes. I’m sure whoever suggested that at TCM got a gold star. 😆

Yes, tomorrow's TCM schedule is one of the best they've done in a long time. A big gold star to the person who scheduled all these titles.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Today is “Noir Thursday” on the Movies! channel (free by antenna) so I’ll probably watch all day long:  https://www.moviestvnetwork.com/schedule/

Woman on the Run, Destination Murder, I am a Fugitive from a Chain Gang, They Live by Night, Nobody Lives Forever, Another Man’s Poison, Deadline at Dawn, The Hunted, Decoy, The Big Heat, Human Desire, Scarlet Street, The Red House REMIND

ln0es-1553540834-21-movie-HumanDesire.jpg
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Davehat said:

Today is “Noir Thursday” on the Movies! channel (free by antenna) so I’ll probably watch all day long:  https://www.moviestvnetwork.com/schedule/

Woman on the Run, Destination Murder, I am a Fugitive from a Chain Gang, They Live by Night, Nobody Lives Forever, Another Man’s Poison, Deadline at Dawn, The Hunted, Decoy, The Big Heat, Human Desire, Scarlet Street, The Red House REMIND

ln0es-1553540834-21-movie-HumanDesire.jpg

Sounds like a good line-up!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Friday July 17, 2020

Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 11.31.45 AM.jpeg

John Ford at Fox on TCM

HOW GREEN WAS MY VALLEY with Roddy McDowall

THE GRAPES OF WRATH with Henry Fonda

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TopBilled said:

John Ford at Fox on TCM

HOW GREEN WAS MY VALLEY with Roddy McDowall

THE GRAPES OF WRATH with Henry Fonda

I never get tired of these two films! ♥

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TopBilled said:

Friday July 17, 2020

Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 11.31.45 AM.jpeg

John Ford at Fox on TCM

HOW GREEN WAS MY VALLEY with Roddy McDowall

THE GRAPES OF WRATH with Henry Fonda

Awesome double feature! And of course I adore Roddy McDowall, he was such a cute young one in HOW GREEN WAS MY VALLEY and Henry Fonda never fails to move me in THE GRAPES OF WRATH.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

Saturday July 18, 2020

Screen Shot 2020-02-04 at 6.54.15 PM.jpeg

Bogart in 1941 on TCM

THE MALTESE FALCON with Mary Astor

HIGH SIERRA with Ida Lupino

A really cool double dose of Bogey. Love to watch his interactions with Mary Astor and Ida Lupino (as well as with Peter Lorre and Sydney Greenstreet in THE MALTESE FALCON).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TopBilled said:

Sunday July 19, 2020

Screen Shot 2019-11-20 at 8.52.02 AM.jpeg

Western comedy on TCM

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL SHERIFF! with James Garner

SAM WHISKEY with Burt Reynolds

I really like SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL SHERIFF! 

Garner's characters had a way of charming you regardless of how unscrupulous they could have been.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Bethluvsfilms said:

Garner's characters had a way of charming you regardless of how unscrupulous they could have been.

I like how you worded this, Beth. Well said!

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Monday July 20, 2020

Screen Shot 2020-07-19 at 1.26.48 PM

Tony Curtis in the 60s on TCM

SPARTACUS with Kirk Douglas

THE OUTSIDER with James Franciscus

THE BOSTON STRANGLER with Henry Fonda

TARAS BULBA with Yul Brynner

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
© 2020 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...