Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM and Other Sources for Classic Film

6 hours ago, TopBilled said:

Seldom on TCM

man on a tightrope

The last time I recall seeing this film on the schedule was when F.  March was SOTM (March 2019?)

• Thanks 1
21 hours ago, TopBilled said:

Friday November 20, 2020

Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 8.52.16 PM

Seldom on TCM

man on a tightrope

"Ich kann mich nicht mehr festhalten!"

I was reminded of the Great Wallendas' three-ring tragedy with tonight's screening about a communist circus, MAN ON A TIGHTROPE...

A nephew and niece of patriarch Karl Wallenda, Dieter and Jana Schepp, fled their oppressive East Germany and took to the high wire with their famous uncle. With illusions of grandeur but too inexperienced for the league of the Great Wallendas' seven-man pyramid stunt, Dieter Schepp soon gained his "freedom" in early 1962, taking two others down to the un(for)giving floor of Michigan's State Fair Coliseum with him.

A new generation of Wallendas later recreated the Detroit disaster for the 1978 telefilm, The Great Wallendas.

59fe602d048a8ff576d5a16238a7b5af--february--death-note.jpgoriginal_thegreatwallendas5.jpg

FXM has added MY GAL SAL (1942- Rita Hayworth, Victor Mature) to it's morning Retro lineup. They usually show them every other week for about three months. Stunning 20th Century Fox Technicolor and beautiful Rita; win-win!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, sagebrush said:

FXM has added MY GAL SAL (1942- Rita Hayworth, Victor Mature) to it's morning Retro lineup. They usually show them every other week for about three months. Stunning 20th Century Fox Technicolor and beautiful Rita; win-win!

Thanks for the heads up. This film also features Carole Landis who is from my hometown (Fairchild, Wisconsin).

• Like 1
4 hours ago, TopBilled said:

Monday November 30, 2020

Screen Shot 2019-08-31 at 6.00.10 AM.jpeg

Mayo on TCM

the girl from jones beach

she's back on broadway

she's working her way through college

the west point story

red light

backfire

white heat

I'm glad they're showing a few of her musicals; she was a very good dancer but didn't get to show it very often. Her dance with Cagney in WEST POINT STORY is a delight!

58 minutes ago, sagebrush said:

I'm glad they're showing a few of her musicals; she was a very good dancer but didn't get to show it very often. Her dance with Cagney in WEST POINT STORY is a delight!

In the mid-50s forward, she was often put in westerns and action adventure yarns.  

Her movie career lasted longer than most ingenues from her generation.

• Like 1