Find results in...

TCM and Other Sources for Classic Film

TopBilled

9 hours ago, TopBilled said:

Wednesday December 23, 2020

screen-shot-2017-12-24-at-1-36-33-pm.png

Seldom on TCM

the cheaters

I was having a hard time trying to follow this film last night. Perhaps it was because I was tired (and eventually fell asleep during it.) I adore Joseph Schildkraut, so I really was excited to see this film on the schedule. 😕

31 minutes ago, sagebrush said:

I was having a hard time trying to follow this film last night. Perhaps it was because I was tired (and eventually fell asleep during it.) I adore Joseph Schildkraut, so I really was excited to see this film on the schedule.

It's an excellent film. If you recorded it, trying watching it again.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2020 at 4:20 AM, TopBilled said:

It's an excellent film. If you recorded it, trying watching it again.

I watched it on YouTube this afternoon. It was indeed an excellent film. I have a hard time watching wordy films when I'm tired; I have to be alert to follow them.

7 hours ago, TopBilled said:

Yes, agree. I'm not a fan of Audrey Hepburn. But I do love SABRINA (mainly because of Bogart and Holden).

Also, it signifies the end of the weeklong Christmas movie marathon! 😄

• Like 1

On 12/28/2020 at 5:52 PM, TopBilled said:

Tuesday December 29, 2020

c9a57-screen2bshot2b2016-06-082bat2b4-31

Matrimony on TCM

the graduate

Though I was symbolically in the shallow end of the Braddock pool when The Graduate was originally released, I found the 1967 film very easily relatable when viewed in a mid-1980s college class: Wayfarer prep and Woodland Hills status...

I wonder if the Eighties set was even more aimless than the movie's central character. Draft deferments gave young men added direction, lest one end up on Cinderella liberty at the San Francisco Zoo & Gardens!

"At the Zoo":                                   

• Thanks 1

Marlon Brando at his best!! 

If you can't wait until January 30th to see Marlon Brando in On the Waterfront on TCM, it's coming on PBS (channel 13 in New York) this Saturday, January 9th at 9:00 p.m.

Love the music, lovethe cast and the rumble between Brando  and Lee J. Cobb.  (No Commercials)

If you want to sing out loud, Grease will be on MOVIES (Channel 493, Fios in New York)

Enjoy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

© 2022 Turner Classic Movies Inc. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings