• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM and Other Sources for Classic Film

59 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

Tuesday February 23, 2021

screen-shot-2018-06-05-at-12-44-52-pm.jpg

Dirk on TCM

It's interesting that TCM devoted this day to the films of Dirk Bogarde, and his centennial birthday is on March 28th. Would have been a perfect day for that. 🤔

• Like 1
21 hours ago, sagebrush said:

It's interesting that TCM devoted this day to the films of Dirk Bogarde, and his centennial birthday is on March 28th. Would have been a perfect day for that. 🤔

I'm glad they're showing OUR MOTHER'S HOUSE. It seldom airs.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TopBilled said:

I'm glad they're showing OUR MOTHER'S HOUSE. It seldom airs.

Yes, this is a good yet odd flick! Good soundtrack, too.  Dirk Bogarde had such a "non British" approach to his acting, if that makes sense; no nobility.  His characterizations  were engaging and unselfish in that he never upstaged his costars.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, sagebrush said:

Yes, this is a good yet odd flick! Good soundtrack, too.  Dirk Bogarde had such a "non British" approach to his acting, if that makes sense; no nobility.  His characterizations  were engaging and unselfish in that he never upstaged his costars.

Yes, I would agree. Bogarde was every inch a star, but not at the expense of others.

On 2/25/2021 at 10:40 AM, TopBilled said:

Friday February 26, 2021

Screen Shot 2019-12-14 at 5.19.03 PM.jpeg

Brainwashed on TCM

the manchurian candidate

"Dry-cleaned" on TCM: I went to a garden party last night and found that the Marxist-Leninist horticulturalists, led by Khigh Dhiegh's proto-Wo Fat, seem to have as much relevance in today's world of Russian political dissent salting and microwave terrorism - if not more so - as when The Manchurian Candidate was originally released during THE MISSILES OF OCTOBER (1962).

• Haha 1