Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM and Other Sources for Classic Film

TopBilled

I'm so happy to share that The King and I will be on Fox Movie Network on Sunday, May 30th. The music, the performance by Oscar winner Yul Brynner is a must see again, and again. I've been waiting for such a long time for this film to come back. Of course, I have it on VHS, but now I will keep it on my DVR forever.  Oscar winner Rita Moreno is Tuptim  and Rex Thompson, who gives a strong performance in  All Mines to  Give, (on TCM later today at 2:15 p.m. ) are noteworthy.  Both Rex Thompson and Patrick Ardiarte, who played Prince Chulalongkorn, the eldest of the King's children are alive and in their late 70's.

No one will ever capture the beauty of watching the Kings children march in to meet Anna accompanied by that beautiful music. You feel everything that the story is telling during that march.

This movie was originally made as a drama with Rex Harrison as the King  and Irene Dunn in  Anna and the King of Siam in the 40's. Then Chow Yun Fat as the King  and Jodie Foster  as Anna in Anna and the King drama in the 90's. Her son was played by Tom Felton, who found himself in a number of Harry Potter movies later.

So, don't miss this great film that took home five Oscars.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Oneeyeopen said:

I'm so happy to share that The King and I will be on Fox Movie Network on Sunday, May 30th. The music, the performance by Oscar winner Yul Brynner is a must see again, and again. I've been waiting for such a long time for this film to come back. Of course, I have it on VHS, but now I will keep it on my DVR forever.  Oscar winner Rita Moreno is Tuptim  and Rex Thompson, who gives a strong performance in  All Mines to  Give, (on TCM later today at 2:15 p.m. ) are noteworthy.  Both Rex Thompson and Patrick Ardiarte, who played Prince Chulalongkorn, the eldest of the King's children are alive and in their late 70's.

No one will ever capture the beauty of watching the Kings children march in to meet Anna accompanied by that beautiful music. You feel everything that the story is telling during that march.

This movie was originally made as a drama with Rex Harrison as the King  and Irene Dunn in  Anna and the King of Siam in the 40's. Then Chow Yun Fat as the King  and Jodie Foster  as Anna in Anna and the King drama in the 90's. Her son was played by Tom Felton, who found himself in a number of Harry Potter movies later.

So, don't miss this great film that took home five Oscars.

Thanks for mentioning this!

On 5/31/2021 at 12:21 PM, TopBilled said:

Tuesday June 1, 2021

Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 8.56.33 AM

Cyd on TCM

the band wagon

brigadoon

meet me in las vegas

fiesta

Highlight of the evening: Cyd dancing with John Brascia and Liliane Montevecci to "Frankie And Johnny" in MEET ME IN LAS VEGAS , which is sung off camera by Sammy Davis, Jr. Great scene!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sagebrush said:

Highlight of the evening: Cyd dancing with John Brascia and Liliane Montevecci to "Frankie And Johnny" in MEET ME IN LAS VEGAS , which is sung off camera by Sammy Davis, Jr. Great scene!

Yes, sounds like a winner to me! :) 

On 6/2/2021 at 12:23 PM, TopBilled said:

Thursday June 3, 2021

Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 6.20.01 PM

Teaching on TCM

to sir with love

th?id=OIP.wz8SWIsmFT11Jv7nyeuHNwAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&w=220&h=166th?id=OIP.OXSWHzA5_p2z42cjEnZytgAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&w=220&h=166th?id=OIP.-in0aSn4R-hC0TZuMH627AAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&w=212&h=160

Miss Tuffen, may I have the next dance?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, TopBilled said:

Wednesday June 9, 2021

Cyd on TCM

east side west side

the unfinished dance

sombrero

My on screen TV Guide doesn't even have SOMBRERO listed . I'm glad to see it is being shown early Wednesday morning!

• Like 1

On 6/7/2021 at 1:06 PM, TopBilled said:

Tuesday June 8, 2021

Cyd on TCM

party girl

Alicia Malone's intro on the paradox of Nicholas Ray directing a musical movie was misleading: Ray is said to have been blocked from having a creative hand in the musical numbers of PARTY GIRL, stifling his "auteurship" of the '58 film.

9 hours ago, NoShear said:

Alicia Malone's intro on the paradox of Nicholas Ray directing a musical movie was misleading: Ray is said to have been blocked from having a creative hand in the musical numbers of PARTY GIRL, stifling his "auteurship" of the '58 film.

Some of the wraparound segments have errors in them. Whoever is writing them hasn't fully researched everything. And it makes the hosts look uninformed when that happens.