Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM and Other Sources for Classic Film

12 minutes ago, sagebrush said:

I'm looking forward to this one. I wish TCM would show Betty Grable's films more often.

Yes, it's one of her better films. Carole Landis plays Betty's sister. Carole was born in my hometown-- Fairchild, Wisconsin.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, TopBilled said:

Hey sagebrush,

Thanks for clicking "like" almost everyday on this thread! :) 

My pleasure! I like the photos you choose. I always look at the photo specifically and try to name the film. :D

I get a kick out of your commentary sometimes, too (i.e. "Milk on TCM" for SUSPICION)😄

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, sagebrush said:

My pleasure! I like the photos you choose. I always look at the photo specifically and try to name the film. :D

I get a kick out of your commentary sometimes, too (i.e. "Milk on TCM" for SUSPICION)😄

That's funny. My favorite one is "Quasimodo." Every time TCM schedules THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME (1939) I get to post that photo of Charles Laughton & Maureen O'Hara and say "Quasimodo!"

• Haha 1

Sunday July 4, 2021

Screen Shot 2021-03-20 at 1.06.53 PM

Independence on TCM

let freedom ring

ah wilderness!

summer holiday

the howards of virginia

the time of their lives

the scarlet coat

john paul jones

the devil’s disciple

the music man

yankee doodle dandy

• Like 1
On 7/3/2021 at 10:47 AM, TopBilled said:

Sunday July 4, 2021

summer holiday

I enjoyed watching this musical remake of AH, WILDERNESS this morning while I was getting ready for work.

We don't get to see or hear lovely Gloria de Haven nearly enough on TCM (my opinion, of course).

3b41f6b48a72464afe3aa7e6422b65bb.jpg

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, sagebrush said:

I enjoyed watching this musical remake of AH, WILDERNESS this morning while I was getting ready for work.

We don't get to see or hear lovely Gloria de Haven nearly enough on TCM (my opinion, of course).

http://ilarge.lisimg.com/image/5171060/740full-gloria-dehaven.jpg

Yes, I'm also a Gloria DeHaven fan. 

SUMMER HOLIDAY was a flop for MGM and it led to the studio dropping Mickey Rooney. (Can you believe that?!)

While I love the original AH WILDERNESS!,I think SUMMER HOLIDAY is a worthwhile movie all on its own.

• Like 1