11 hours ago, TopBilled said:

Tuesday April 5, 2022

Screen Shot 2019-12-15 at 4.18.46 PM.jpeg

Pancakes on TCM

imitation of life

more pancakes

kid.jpg   MV5BZjhhMThhNDItNTY2MC00MmU1LTliNDEtNDdh tcc.png plutotv.png

The Kid (1921, Charles Chaplin)

The Tramp cares for an abandoned child, but events put their relationship in jeopardy. On The Criterion Channel & free on Plutotv.

• Like 2

More stuff on ScreenPix!  FLAME IN THE STREETS (racial tension in 1961 London; John Mills and Brenda de Banzie together again as a couple -- you'll remember what a great pair they are in HOBSONS' CHOICE), TENTACLES (giant octopus stars with John Huston and Shelley Winters), AMERICAN GOTHIC (psychopathic family headed by Rod Steiger and Yvonne de Carlo!), FOOD OF THE GODS (Marjoe Gortner and Ida Lupino menaced by mutant chickens and rats), SPELLBINDER (occult thriller with my heartthrob Tim Daly....sigh), THE SECRET PLACE (1957 Brit crime drama), HEART OF MIDNIGHT (Jennifer Jason Leigh going bonkers), KINGDOM OF THE SPIDERS (William Shatner and his Arizona town battling stirred-up arachnids!), ONE WAY OUT (1955 Brit crime drama).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And more !  From you-know-where:  HIDDEN FEAR (1957 noir with John Payne as American detective in Denmark); NEVER LET GO (1960, Richard Todd and Peter Sellers in Brit noir with, believe it or not, comparisons to De Sica's BICYCLE THIEF); CHICAGO CONFIDENTIAL (1957, union rackeeting in the Windy City); HELL BOUND (1957 semi-noir w/John Russell); HONG KONG CONFIDENTIAL (1958, with the always dapper Gene Barry); FLIGHT TO HONG KONG (1956, diamond smuggling, Rory Calhoun (out of his element) and Barbara Rush); KING RAT (1965, early George Segal); PRESSURE POINT (1962) Prison psychiatrist Sidney Poitier tries to analyze psycho inmate Bobby Darin (terrific performance).

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

Sunday April 10, 2022

SCREEN.jpeg

Back on TCM

the hunchback of notre dame

The  rescue, carry back to the church and screaming out sanctuary sequence is still one of the most moving scenes in movie history. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TopBilled said:

Tuesday April 12, 2022

Screen Shot 2022-04-09 at 6.21.10 PM

Also on TCM

the prince and the pauper

the master of ballantrae

the warriors

another dawn

green light

Love this lineup. They may not be as well known as his teamings with Olivia, but still worth watching very much.

1 hour ago, Bethluvsfilms said:

Love this lineup. They may not be as well known as his teamings with Olivia, but still worth watching very much.

GREEN LIGHT is one that doesn't get shown enough. So I am glad to see it on today's schedule.

• Like 2

Just now, TopBilled said:

Wednesday April 13, 2022

Screen Shot 2020-12-13 at 2.54.16 PM

1988 on TCM

clean & sober

bright lights big city

CLEAN AND SOBER features a powerhouse performance from Michael Keaton, his first foray into drama. It's well worth watching.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TopBilled said:

Thursday April 14, 2022

949b9-screen2bshot2b2016-10-202bat2b5-39-492bam.png?w=273&h=207

Washed-up on TCM

a star is born

This pic is from THE BEST YEARS OF OUR LIVES though.

Even though I prefer the 1954 film, I still like the 1937 version well enough, thanks to fine performances from Fredric March and Janet Gaynor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bethluvsfilms said:

This pic is from THE BEST YEARS OF OUR LIVES though.

Even though I prefer the 1954 film, I still like the 1937 version well enough, thanks to fine performances from Fredric March and Janet Gaynor.

Thanks for the correction. Let me find the right pic...