Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM and Other Sources for Classic Film

TopBilled

Thanks to sagebrush and the others who've been part of the thread's activity.

This the last day I will be adding to the thread...mainly because TCM's Daily Schedule take forever to load (perhaps a sign they will be eliminating this feature?)...at any rate, thanks everyone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just saw the closing notice on the main page. Will you be continuing this thread in some form or fashion on another board, TOPBILLED? 

Edit: Just saw your new board post. 🙂

While I've been more of an intermitten contributor I've always enjoyed reading and creating posts in this thread more than any other on the board. 

Sad that it's ending.

cl1.jpg  wtcm.jpg

Cinderella Liberty (1973, Mark Rydell)

One of a James Caan trio of films on WatchTCM this month, Cinderella Liberty, has him as a sailor on extended leave falling in love with a hooker (Marsha Mason) and becoming a surrogate father to her son. Mason got an Oscar nod for her performance. Composer, John Williams, was similarly honored. The other two films, Thief (1981, Michael Mann), probably Caan's best work (and the one he liked best) and Freddie & The Bean (1974, Richard Rush) are also streaming on WatchTCM in November.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, ando said:

Just saw the closing notice on the main page. Will you be continuing this thread in some form or fashion on another board, TOPBILLED? 

Edit: Just saw your new board post. 🙂

While I've been more of an intermitten contributor I've always enjoyed reading and creating posts in this thread more than any other on the board. 

Sad that it's ending.

cl1.jpg  wtcm.jpg

Cinderella Liberty (1973, Mark Rydell)

One of a James Caan trio of films on WatchTCM this month, Cinderella Liberty, has him as a sailor on extended leave falling in love with a hooker (Marsha Mason) and becoming a surrogate father to her son. Mason got an Oscar nod for her performance. Composer, John Williams, was similarly honored. The other two films, Thief (1981, Michael Mann), probably Caan's best work (and the one he liked best) and Freddie & The Bean (1974, Richard Rush) are also streaming on WatchTCM in November.

Thanks for the nice words.

Please join us at the new message board:

https://classicfilmtvradio.freeforums.net/

• Thanks 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings