Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM and Other Sources for Classic Film

I don't want to hurt your feelings so I will try and word this with that in mind.  Do not quote me or post about anything I write.  If you need to confront somebody find somebody else.

Anything you post in a TCM forum can be commented upon.

Those who don't wish their posts to be commented upon by the forum membership can always use personal messaging to express themselves to others on a private basis.

...you have more friends in TCM's forums than anyone could possibly count.

Thanks for your kind thoughts and continued support. You are helping push us towards 40,000 views. You are one of the people ensuring our success on a daily basis. Bless you always, TopBilled.

I just don't want a personal critic hanging on my words forever. following me around. 

There is a great unwritten rule.  I try to follow it.  If you quote somebody you are doing so because you like it.  If you quote somebody in order to demean or apply negativity or for the purpose of ridicule - that is a misuse of the quote function. 

I try never to quote anybody period.  If I have some point I'm trying to make I say it.  Misquoting: /  rather quoting a person for the sake of argument or dumping negativity can destroy a board.  That's why I don't do it.  I quoted this person because he was trying to demean my points.  My opinion is not up there for argument or ridicule. 

A good lesson for people who want to be better than others - use the quote function to step on that person to move yourself up.

I have seen svengoolie and my opinion is he is trashing great movies by stepping on them to move himself up.

As far as TCM I have stated elsewhere that TCM is bogged down with cruise ads and its depressing.  They need an injection of german silents to cure the boredom.

My TCM from comcast is blurry.  I pay $100 a month to Comcast to blurry TCM.

.  METV is not blurry.  METV has a perfect picture.  If somebody would like to comment on that please do so without quoting me thx  :)

I stated a fact that caused a disagreement. [...]   Don't use facts or truth on here.  They will be removed.

If you don't want to be quoted for the purpose of disagreement, try not to say anything disagreeable.

Otherwise, suck it up. Anything you say in a public forum is subject to comment. That's the deal.

Sounds like an unnecessarily harsh view. I felt that Bopper's comment about how people quote others to make rude, negative disparaging remarks was worth mulling over. That does seem to happen, because we have posters who have spent years online and have learned how to subvert the posting policies of TCM City and bully others. We can all be a bit more friendlier-- it wouldn't hurt.

Bless you always!

Hi Bopper--

I am not going to quote you directly since you do not seem to like that. I am not sure if Comcast has any say over what TCM programs. You may want to research that more.

Bless you always! 

Sounds like an unnecessarily harsh view.

Actually, it's a perfectly reasonable reality - not a "view" in any sense.

I'm aware that some people would like to be able to say anything they please without ever receiving feedback that's not to their appreciation. That being the case, I believe such people would be far more suited to writing blogs than to participating in discussion forums.

In such discussion forums, if you say something disagreeable you should not be surprised when you receive disagreement. Quoting keeps such activities clearly understood by the members who read these posts.

• Like 2

Actually, it's a perfectly reasonable reality - not a "view" in any sense.

I'm aware that some people would like to be able to say anything they please without ever receiving feedback that's not to their appreciation. That being the case, I believe such people would be far more suited to writing blogs than to participating in discussion forums.

Not sure if others would agree with that. It's just as easy to quote someone and promote a bit of good cheer. Positive reinforcements go a long way towards building message board unity. Going out of one's way to be negative seems like energy that is being unwisely used. And if someone posts something you feel is not worth appreciating then ignore it. I think that eventually most people learn to soften their views or be a bit more balanced and flexible. They do not exactly need someone quoting them to police them. Personal reflection is a better catalyst for change, not criticism from a stranger online. That is how I see it.

Bless you always!

because we have posters who have spent years online and have learned how to subvert the posting policies of TCM City and bully others.

You're very self-aware, aren't you? One could conclude that stating your modus operandi so openly is an example of feeding one's delight in rubbing people's noses in such habitual and guilefully placed trollings.

You're very self-aware, aren't you? One could conclude that stating your modus operandi so openly is an example of feeding one's malicious delight in rubbing people's noses in such habitual and guilefully placed trollings.

I think I was offering up an observation about online posters at large. This is the type of comment from you in the past where I would have felt reduced to having a negative back-and-forth with you, but I do not feel the need to do that. Perhaps something is upsetting you that I have no inside knowledge about. We all have pain we have to deal with in this life. I was not referring to myself or to anyone in particular. I do feel Bopper made a strong point, however.

Bless you always!

I had to go back four pages to find my Svengoolie picture which I usually just repost...

Svengoolie on Me-TV

images8.jpg

December 6th: THE MUMMY'S GHOST (1944)

A college student is stalked by an ancient mummy that believes her to be the reincarnation of an Egyptian princess.

December 13th: THE GHOST OF FRANKENSTEIN (1942)

Dr. Ludwig Frankenstein gets the idea of replacing the monster's current criminal brain with a normal one.

December 20th: I SAW WHAT YOU DID (1965)

Teens spend an evening prank calling, and the consequences lead to murder.

December 27th: THE INVISIBLE MAN RETURNS (1940)

The owner of a coal mine takes a drug to make himself invisible and gradually goes mad.

You're very self-aware, aren't you? One could conclude that stating your modus operandi so openly is an example of feeding one's delight in rubbing people's noses in such habitual and guilefully placed trollings.

TopBilled, said:

because we have posters who have spent years online and have learned how to subvert the posting policies of TCM City and bully others.

Phew. Pot.................meet kettle. TB, what HAS happened to you? I actually thought you were a mensch. Silly me.

TopBilled, said:

Phew. Pot.................meet kettle. TB, what HAS happened to you? I actually thought you were a mensch. Silly me.

Hope you're having a nice day, primos. Glad we're still communicating on the forums. Bless you always!

Wish I could watch Svengoolie. Always liked horror hosts.

Don't get it up here.

I like the fact he's showing the Crawford-William Castle film later this month. TCM showed it a few years ago (not last January when she was SOTM). Probably not going to make anyone's top 10 list but it's a lot of fun!

There's one Castle I haven't seen since I was 15 years old (1965) - how I'd dearly love to see it again, but it never seems to be played anywhere where I can get it.

It's 'The Night Walker' (1964)

db, I took the tape of NIGHT WALKER, the Stanwyck, Robert Taylor film out of the library years ago to watch. Can't remember if it was available on DVD or not, but you might try your local library to see if they have a copy you can borrow