Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM and Other Sources for Classic Film

db, I took the tape of NIGHT WALKER, the Stanwyck, Robert Taylor film out of the library years ago to watch. Can't remember if it was available on DVD or not, but you might try your local library to see if they have a copy you can borrow

Yes, this is the reason I still keep a VCR in my home...so I have the option of playing a movie that has not made it to DVD. When Stanwyck was Star of the Month two years ago I was hoping they would show it, but no luck. 

If anyone has the old Now Playing issues, I would like to know if NIGHT WALKER has ever aired on TCM.

Maybe Svengoolie will show it, since he has access to the Universal horror titles. In that case, it will be worth the commercial interruptions.

You got people on boards who pride themselves as wise crack artists.  They sit on here bored waiting to lay on a zinger.  What they'll do is abuse the quote function to get off. 

Take a look at books:  Authors quote people and almost always they are positive.  That is because its an honor to use a persons quote. That was then.

Now we have an entire generation or 2 who never learned proper english and go around wizeassing without realizing its capability to destroy a board if alot of people do it.

Dark Blue is one of the worst offenders I've seen.  Virtually every post is worthless arguing over something (respect) he is incapable of. 

Yes you can make a fool of yourself over and over.  Just don't bring me down to your level by misusing my words..

You got people on boards who pride themselves as wise crack artists.  They sit on here bored waiting to lay on a zinger.  What they'll do is abuse the quote function to get off. 

Take a look at books:  Authors quote people and almost always they are positive.  That is because its an honor to use a persons quote. That was then.

Now we have an entire generation or 2 who never learned proper english and go around wizeassing without realizing its capability to destroy a board if alot of people do it.

Dark Blue is one of the worst offenders I've seen.  Virtually every post is worthless arguing over something (respect) he is incapable of. 

Yes you can make a fool of yourself over and over.  Just don't bring me down to your level by misusing my words..

Gotta disagree. Have you seen the dictatorship suddenly overtaking these threads? And it wasn't perpetrated by darkblue.

• Like 1

Gotta disagree. Have you seen the dictatorship suddenly overtaking these threads? And it wasn't perpetrated by darkblue.

Primos,

I respectfully disagree with that theory. I've been very open to collaborative talks with you-- in PMs and on the boards. You are the one who feels somehow wronged and is turning way from the trust I have placed in our acquaintanceship. I will continue to reach out to you, but I only have so much time and energy. And I want to focus on other things in addition to you. Take care. 

Bless you always!

Hi Bopper--

I don't think criticizing Darkblue will help matters. Darkblue is one of my most avid readers and I consider him helpful in ways he probably does not even realize. I am sure if you give him a chance, you can be friends with him.

Do not drown in a cesspool of negativity. You are too good for that!

Bless you always!

P.S. I am glad you enjoy Me-TV. Do you watch Essentials?

Difficult to follow the direction of this thread sometimes. Dictatorship? sneezes?  can't figure it out. :lol:

tonite looks good on metv. Lon Chaney Jr. as kharis in The Mummy's Ghost.

I think universal shoulda stuck with chaney jr. as the monster instead of jumping from Lugosi to finally glenn strange.

.I have seen svengoolie and my opinion is he is trashing great movies by stepping on them to move himself up

Top Billed wrote in response

"ps- I am glad you enjoy Me-TV"

He's trashing Svengolie, where does it say he enjoys Me-TV?

ps- I find you saying Bless You when we all know you don't mean it, very disrespectful and request that you stop it.

• Like 4

Difficult to follow the direction of this thread sometimes. Dictatorship? sneezes?  can't figure it out. :lol:

tonite looks good on metv. Lon Chaney Jr. as kharis in The Mummy's Ghost.

I think universal shoulda stuck with chaney jr. as the monster instead of jumping from Lugosi to finally glenn strange.

Yes, the thread does become somewhat difficult to follow. 

I agree with your comments about Chaney Jr. I saw him in an episode of Wanted: Dead or Alive and he was always nothing less than superb. Great actor.

Bless you always!

Top Billed wrote in response

"ps- I am glad you enjoy Me-TV"

He's trashing Svengolie, where does it say he enjoys Me-TV?

ps- I find you saying Bless You when we all know you don't mean it, very disrespectful and request that you stop it.

I don't really mind svengoolie's sometimes lame comedy but he certainly is not as vivacious and bubbly as Elvira. :)

Has anyone seen I SAW WHAT YOU DID which will be airing on Svengoolie Dec 20? Any opinions? I can't stay up for it and wondering if it's worth recording.

Sorry to go "off topic" on a thread about ME-TV shows.....smiley-rpg005.gif

Has anyone seen I SAW WHAT YOU DID which will be airing on Svengoolie Dec 20? Any opinions? I can't stay up for it and wondering if it's worth recording.

Hi Tiki. Hope you're having a blessed day! I recorded I SAW WHAT YOU DID when it aired on TCM a few years ago-- they were doing a primetime spotlight of late Crawford films. It hasn't aired since then, not even when she was SOTM in January 2014. It's cute, for lack of a better word, more of a comedy with horror elements (typical Castle from the 60s). What I liked about it was that Crawford gets some good scenes with John Ireland, her costar from QUEEN BEE. I read that Crawford only worked four days on this film, and in a way it's an extended cameo because she only appears in half of it-- but she does a great job. The other highlight here is the impressive black-and-white cinematography. I highly recommend it!

Hi Bopper--

Not saying you have to do this, but maybe it would help if you would explain why you do not like to be quoted. Is it because you feel people are misinterpreting what you write? Or that you like to go back and edit your posts later? Or is it because you have some posters on Ignore and you do not want to see posts by others that quote you and them together?

I am just wondering why it annoys you. Again, you do not have to explain yourself, but perhaps you may want to clarify that point, especially if someone new comes on to the board and 'accidentally' quotes you against your explicit wishes.

I hope you are having a truly delightful day and thanks for reading my post!

Your Friend,

TopBilled

I did. didn't like the ending with the bullet through the windshield and john ireland getting it...as always.

what a stupid movie. I found the mummy's ghost stupid with some stupid characters, not all but some notably like the stupid professor who started the whole thing by burning some tana leaves which attracted kharis who, as someone else mentioned, has been shambling around mapleton nightly for 30 years without apparently bothering anyone until that stupid professor lit those tana leaves. he shoulda gone to bed like the misses wanted him to.  :) idiot. hooray for kharis for strangulatin' him. :) two more stupid characters are the early 1940s college boy with the dagwood hairstyle an' his dam dog...who unfortunately doesn't wind up gettin' strangulated by kharis. :( wouldn't be the same dog that played daisy in the blondie movies, would it? :) lovely ramsay ames is this half-egyptian babe anina who is also the reincarnated princess ananka. nuthin' wrong with her. :D didn't know that reincarnated egyptian princesses went for 1940s college boys with dagwood hairdos until I saw this turkey last nite. lon chaney jr. as kharis is wasted in this as I feel the action scenes with kharis strangulatin' are poorly executed by director reginald leborg. like in the museum when kharis strangulates the middle-aged nitcompoop guard who never gets back to his radio listenin'. it's not like kharis is strangulatin' jim corbett. did think it was nifty though when ananka gets a change of hair color and the dagwood hairstyled college boy gets to see her aged while kharis carries her into the swamp although the whole thing is stupid. kharis can't think too much here. yousef bey played dependably by John Carradine wants to extend himself and the beautiful ananka forever with tana juice but kharis, who supposedly loves her, thinks it's better for her to age and drown in swamp water. dumb. a shame that dam dog didn't go into the swamp after them. that would really have upset the college boy.

but give svengoolie his due, he did ease the pain of sittin' through that turkey with a hilarious commando cody short.
heck, I laughed. :lol:

Hi Bopper--

Not saying you have to do this, but maybe it would help if you would explain why you do not like to be quoted. Is it because you feel people are misinterpreting what you write? Or that you like to go back and edit your posts later? Or is it because you have some posters on Ignore and you do not want to see posts by others that quote you and them together?

I am just wondering why it annoys you. Again, you do not have to explain yourself, but perhaps you may want to clarify that point, especially if someone new comes on to the board and 'accidentally' quotes you against your explicit wishes.

I hope you are having a truly delightful day and thanks for reading my post!

Your Friend,

TopBilled

I am going to quote you because you asked me.  If a person agrees with me I have no problem with it.  But you get wizeasses whose only reason on the board is to use the quote function as a mechanism for ridicule and the exercise of wize cracks.  So then I don't want to absorb negativity & now the quote function is being misused.  I have seen quotes being sliced & diced and each tidbit being contested.  Respect is the bottom line.

Bopper--

Thanks for the reply. I agree the quote feature is being misused (abused?) and so is the 'likes' feature-- because we have people liking negative and bullying remarks, which only adds to the bullying. I chose to reach out to you, because I did feel you were being bullied. I was taught in school that if a bystander does nothing to help fix the situation, then the bystander is basically joining the bullying or saying it is okay to bully.

One thing I do want to say is that I understand not everyone is going to have the same opinion or agree on the issues. So we do have to be willing to hear the other side. But it should be done in a respectful way.

Okay, that's my little soapbox for the day. I hope you're having a pleasant evening and enjoying TCM! :) 

what a stupid movie. I found the mummy's ghost stupid with some stupid characters

That's pretty much how I feel about Universal horror films. I used to really like them, but you can't watch too many or too often or they will become boring.

I'm glad shows like Svengoolie introduces these films to kids and teens especially, to hopefully stir an interest in classic horror film. But after you've seen them several times, it's best to move on to other titles.

Thanks for letting me know about I SAW WHAT YOU DID, being a Bill Castle film....I'm sure it'll be in the Castle box set at the library-although I'll miss Sven's interesting trivia about the film. (which I like BETTER than R.O.)

That's pretty much how I feel about Universal horror films. I used to really like them, but you can't watch too many or too often or they will become boring.

Yes, the only ones I really like a lot are the original 'Frankenstein', the wonderfully-fun 'Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man' and the beautifully atmospheric 'Son of Dracula'.