Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can't remember movie title!

Abby!

Okay, so I remember seeing a trailer for this movie on an old VHS. I can't remember what it's called, but I vaguely remember the trailer. The details I remember are below.

-released around 2000 or 2001 (or the the VHS the trailer was on was.)

-animated (traditional animation I believe)

-had a desert like setting, like the Middle East or Mexico

-has a villain, a hero, and a princess (or princess like character)

-the characters had a slightly gothic feel/look

-the animation had an unusual look

-I think the title of the movie might have been the main characters name(not for sure though)

I've tried imdb and google several times with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Okay, so I remember seeing a trailer for this movie on an old VHS. I can't remember what it's called, but I vaguely remember the trailer. The details I remember are below.

-released around 2000 or 2001 (or the the VHS the trailer was on was.)

-animated (traditional animation I believe)

-had a desert like setting, like the Middle East or Mexico

-has a villain, a hero, and a princess (or princess like character)

-the characters had a slightly gothic feel/look

-the animation had an unusual look

-I think the title of the movie might have been the main characters name(not for sure though)

I've tried imdb and google several times with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Dreamworks The Prince of Egypt maybe?

another wild shot, "The Adventures of Prince Achmed", a 1926 German animated fairytale film by Lotte Reiniger ?

This is not it. The style reminds me of it though. I believe the movie I'm looking for was released in the late 90s or very early 2000s.

It's not a Disney movie. I am thinking the trailer might have been on a Disney VHS though. Is there anywhere I can find what movie trailers might have been on a VHS?

I doubt any Disney movie, dvd or VHS, would place an ad for any non-Disney studio production. Maybe it was a home or 'bootleg' recording? Without more specifics it's hard to know where to steer you.

But you might try this site: http://www.cartoonbrew.com/

they're pretty knowledgeable about animation (foreign & domestic), history & festivals

Good hunting!

:)

I doubt any Disney movie, dvd or VHS, would place an ad for any non-Disney studio production. Maybe it was a home or 'bootleg' recording? Without more specifics it's hard to know where to steer you.

But you might try this site: http://www.cartoonbrew.com/

they're pretty knowledgeable about animation (foreign & domestic), history & festivals

Good hunting!

:)

It wasn't a recording, so I guess it wasn't on a Disney film. Thanks for the link!

You might be thinking of "The Thief and the Cobbler".  I have never seen it, but my daughter was telling me about an animated movie she wanted her friend to see and it sounded like what you described.  She does say you should watch the "Recobbled Cut" which I think can be found on the internet.  Supposedly the version that was released on video was a very different version from what the director intended. 

• Like 1

You might be thinking of "The Thief and the Cobbler". I have never seen it, but my daughter was telling me about an animated movie she wanted her friend to see and it sounded like what you described. She does say you should watch the "Recobbled Cut" which I think can be found on the internet. Supposedly the version that was released on video was a very different version from what the director intended.

That's it! Thank you so much! I will definitely watch the Recobbled Cut. Thanks!!!