Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

People prefer YouTube vids to Me-TV

clore

A thread on Me-TV has 199 replies and 10,499 views, thus the response rate is 4.4% of the view rate.

A thread on YouTube movies has 705 replies and 10,336 views for a 6.8% percentage.

More people prefer movies on YouTube to Me-TV.

A thread on Me-TV has 199 replies and 10,499 views, thus the response rate is 4.4% of the view rate.

A thread on YouTube movies has 705 replies and 10,336 views for a 6.8% percentage.

Nice try. LOL

The YouTube thread has been around longer, and in many cases it is the same few people providing updates/new links.

Plus, the ME-TV thread needs to wind down to make way for other upcoming News threads.  :)

• Like 1

This is so inane as to be ridiculous!   

Nice try. LOL

The YouTube thread has been around longer, and in many cases it is the same few people providing updates/new links.

Plus, the ME-TV thread needs to wind down to make way for other upcoming News threads.   :)

I'm glad that it made you laugh - really. As a 30 year veteran of crunching numbers for the broadcast industry, quantitative and qualitative, I just could not resist spinning some more for old time's sake.

I'm glad that it made you laugh - really. As a 30 year veteran of crunching numbers for the broadcast industry, quantitative and qualitative, I just could not resist spinning some more for old time's sake.

I have reached my quota of message board likes today, otherwise I would click like on this post. :)

• Like 1

I started the YouTube thread to focus on OLD MOVIES.

People liked that.

But other people have posted links to newer movies too.

Some people like that too.

A thread of YouTube movies allows us all to view or not view whatever movie is listed on it, so we aren't forced to watch any particular movie, and the variety of movies listed by different people seems to please a lot of other people, and I'm glad it does. :)

We all need to help each other here, not argue or call each other names.

Fred

• Like 2

We all need to help each other here, not argue or call each other names.

Fred

We should debate, not argue. But the old adage about one person's bread being another person's poison applies. One should have a hard skin to get involved in web posting. Otherwise, start a blog.

• Like 3

We should debate, not argue. But the old adage about one person's bread being another person's poison applies. One should have a hard skin to get involved in web posting. Otherwise, start a blog.

Our board's CODE OF CONDUCT specifically says:

"Any content or use that insults, is derogatory of, intentionally harasses, or advocates harassment of, another person, or groups of persons, or is abusive, threatening, or defamatory to other users. If you disagree with something another user has posted, do so in a courteous manner, and do not disparage, insult, or otherwise attach (attack) other users personally."

• Like 1

Our board's CODE OF CONDUCT specifically says:

"Any content or use that insults, is derogatory of, intentionally harasses, or advocates harassment of, another person, or groups of persons, or is abusive, threatening, or defamatory to other users. If you disagree with something another user has posted, do so in a courteous manner, and do not disparage, insult, or otherwise attach (attack) other users personally."

That still leaves a lot of territory to be interpreted, doesn't it? What may be perceived as an insult by one may not be considered that by another. Or, were I to say "With all due respect, your post is rather silly" - am I insulting you or the post? I did say I respected you, and I only said that your post is silly - not you. Just an example, not a judgment or insult should be inferred.

I've seen a poster once claim that another poster's concerns about TCM were not as valid as his own because he hadn't been watching TCM for as long. Isn't that another way of saying "I'm better than you because I've been around longer" and should that be considered an insult? After all, it is stating that the other person is less important by some self-appointed criteria and certainly that is an intended insult.

But even if you disagree with what is within the previous paragraph (or anything I've written), I look forward to your polite reply. I don't fear disagreement nor insist that my words are sacrosanct.

Some like me prefer Youtube because until now I've never heard of Me-TV.

Me-TV?? Who came up with that name...let me guess...

3580810-9049500674-jar-.j.jpeg

I don't buy it unless TopBilled says so. ;)

Bingo. It's been true since message boards began, and will be true until Armageddon.

What may be perceived as an insult by one may not be considered that by another. Or, were I to say "With all due respect, your post is rather silly" - am I insulting you or the post? I did say I respected you, and I only said that your post is silly - not you. Just an example, not a judgment or insult should be inferred.

At a high-level Chairman of the Board meeting at your company, you wouldn't tell your big CEO that his newest idea is "silly", would you? And you wouldn't say that to an old lady who is still learning how to work her new computer and use the internet, would you?

A lot of people in this world do not have "tough skin", and I'm sorry to see so many people leave this board over the years, because of all the rude insults they received from the "tough skinned" board members.

Hey, not all who posts here is a gangster, or a Hell's Angel, or a battle-hardened Marine, or a South-Central LA gang member. I would guess that 90% of the people who first start posting here do NOT have "tough skin", and you should ALWAYS be considerate of their feelings.

I hate to see this board turn into a board filled with only 15 or so people, who all have "tough skins", while hundreds of sensitive but intelligent people quickly or eventually leave be board because of all the insults.

I suggest that the Moderators crack down on insults. Not by banning people, but just by asking posters to be "more polite".

At a high-level Chairman of the Board meeting at your company, you wouldn't tell your big CEO that his newest idea is "silly", would you? And you wouldn't say that to an old lady who is still learning how to work her new computer and use the internet, would you?

A lot of people in this world do not have "tough skin", and I'm sorry to see so many people leave this board over the years, because of all the rude insults they received from the "tough skinned" board members.

Hey, not all who posts here is a gangster, or a Hell's Angel, or a battle-hardened Marine, or a South-Central LA gang member. I would guess that 90% of the people who first start posting here do NOT have "tough skin", and you should ALWAYS be considerate of their feelings.

I hate to see this board turn into a board filled with only 15 or so people, who all have "tough skins", while hundreds of sensitive but intelligent people quickly or eventually leave be board because of all the insults.

I suggest that the Moderators crack down on insults. Not by banning people, but just by asking posters to be "more polite".

Well I really don't see a need to crack down because of 'all the insults'.  Sorry but I don't see many from members here at all.

Ok, I can see how one shouldn't say someone's idea is 'silly',  but some ideas are so 'out there' that it difficult for one to say they disagree with an idea without providing some type of label.

Ok, I can see how one shouldn't say someone's idea is 'silly',  but some ideas are so 'out there' that it difficult for one to say they disagree with an idea without providing some type of label.

How about saying, “Your idea is very intriguing, but I’m not quite sure it will work.”

How about saying, “Your idea is very intriguing, but I’m not quite sure it will work.”

Yeah James. And maybe add a little endearing name to the end of Fred's suggestion here too, like maybe, 'Kind Sir" or even "Snookums" if you think that might be more fitting.

Yeah, I hear this REALLY wins over EVEN the most "thin skinned" among us out there on the internet, ol' buddy.

(...sorry James, but I don't think of you as a "Snookums" but more an "ol' buddy"...I certainly hope this doesn't upset you!) ;)

LOL

Don't be silly, Fred.

SAY now, dark! Whaddaya mean "silly"???

Why, I've have you know that I thought it SUCH a great idea that I TOOK Fred's little suggestion here, right-clicked and copied it and placed in my "Favorites" file, and will NOW paste it(another right-click thing, ya know) whenever I happen to disagree with what somebody says around here!

THOUGH as I said earlier here, I'll add that little "Kind Sir" and/or "Snookums" AND/OR "ol' buddy" thing at the end of it depending upon the situation and who I'm replyin' to.

(...it's never too late to learn to be nice, ya know)

Don't be silly, Fred.

That’s my point, Dark. I’m NOT talking about US thick skinned survivors. I’m talking about all the nice polite people this TCM message board keeps losing because MOST people don’t have skin as thick as us.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings