Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What do thread views mean?

TopBilled

images7.jpg

The Joan Rivers thread is now hitting 1,000 views. So that makes 60 threads I have created that have reached the 1,000-view mark.

This thread has jumped from 3,628 to about 4,200 views since yesterday.

This thread has now jumped to almost 4,500 views. Also, the Profile Views thread and the Mitzi Gaynor thread have exceeded 1,000 views. I now have 62 threads having reached that milestone.

This thread has now jumped to almost 4,500 views. Also, the Profile Views thread and the Mitzi Gaynor thread have exceeded 1,000 views. I now have 62 threads having reached that milestone.

There is certainly no other person who has ever been or who ever will be on these boards who would waste time keeping track of that.

• Like 1

Yes there is. And the Jerry Lewis thread is doing just great.

Thanks for asking.  ;)

I hadn't looked into the Lewis thread until just now. And you know what?  It's mostly about Jerry Lewis! (With a few segues related to film comedy).  Many of the most-viewed threads are actually not about film topics; they are oft-viewed and commented upon because they get political; or go way off topic; or because they're bashing someone. I can't see why someone (the OP) would be proud of the number of thread views and comments, if the comments were mostly critical of the OP!  Also, that "Today's Topic" thread is kind of cheating -- since it's a different topic almost every day, the thread counts shouldn't count!

• Like 2

I hadn't looked into the Lewis thread until just now. And you know what?  It's mostly about Jerry Lewis! (With a few segues related to film comedy).  Many of the most-viewed threads are actually not about film topics; they are oft-viewed and commented upon because they get political; or go way off topic; or because they're bashing someone. I can't see why someone (the OP) would be proud of the number of thread views and comments, if the comments were mostly critical of the OP!  Also, that "Today's Topic" thread is kind of cheating -- since it's a different topic almost every day, the thread counts shouldn't count!

Yeah! Great points, Swithin ol' boy!

Yep, I ALSO think there should be some kind'a rules established for these kind'a "contests" around here!!!  ;)

(...yep, without some kind'a rules, I'd say the "final results" will ALWAYS be extremely questionable!!!) 

LOL

Oh, way off topic, but One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest is coming up, just wanted to point it out. Might be appropriate to remind those viewing this thread,lol.

Thanks for the heads-up, MM!

This'll now give me enough time to go buy me a pack of Wrigley's Juicy Fruit Gum so I'll be all prepared to watch it and really get into it once it starts!!!

Cuckoo.jpg

;)

Oh, way off topic, but One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest is coming up, just wanted to point it out. Might be appropriate to remind those viewing this thread,lol.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sad.

Anything for a view. If 90% of a thread's posts are insulting to the OP, the OP is apparently thrilled if this means a lot of views,. Number of views trumps everything else.

• Like 1

Anything for a view. If 90% of a thread's posts are insulting to the OP, the OP is apparently thrilled if this means a lot of views,. Number of views trumps everything else.

Yea,  kind of like someone saying 'I get a lot of attention from my spouse,,,   he beats me daily!'.

• Like 1

Yea,  kind of like someone saying 'I get a lot of attention from my spouse,,,   he beats me daily!'.

Yeah, well, maybe TB hasn't seen any of those Domestic Violence  PSAs the NFL is now runnin' during their football games in order to save face after that whole unfortunate Ray Rice/elevator public relations fiasco, James!

(...ever think o' THAT?!!!) ;)

Can anyone tell me why this "lady" keeps quoting herself down there instead of adding to the conversation here, as evidently a third party is now required for any communication between her and myself! LOL

(...btw, that's okay "lady"...I'm not holdin' it against ya that you failed to acknowledge my very perceptive request to the Moderators in that other thread that they move any and all of TB's threads that aren't pertinent to this forum and to the Chit-Chat forum...nope, I'm not THAT vindictive, "lady"!) LOL

(OH, and btw again, that request to the Mods wasn't based upon any kind of "payback", but was based more on good ol' common sense and it being the right thing to do!)

Edited by Dargo