Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Schedule Change for Monday, June 30th/Hayward/Wallach

Ginger514

Many of Susan Hayward's fans and admirers are disappointed that most of her films have been cancelled for this coming Monday, June 30th. I believe that TCM will now only be showing two. It was to be a celebration of her birthdate, and we look forward to this each year. I have total respect for Eli Wallach's career, but it seems like TCM could have chosen another day for his "memorial."  Susan Hayward would have been 97 years old this coming June 30th. She was an incredible asset to the film industry, was nominated for an Oscar 5 times, and won for the last with "I Want To Live." As far as I know she has not ever even been given the Star of the Month treatment at TCM. I stand corrected if I am wrong, but I surely don't remember it.

susanhaywardclassicfilmstar.com

facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar

I am always suspicious when a first-time poster reiterates some cause that multiple veteran posters have been trumpeting for years and years. I'm not sure why people feel the need to hide under multiple identities. I guess it's to create the illusion that more people are rallying around their cause than actually are. The way Ginger514 writes this, it doesn't sound like she (?) is an actual newbie to the Website or message boards.

Regardless, there have been many posts over the years on this forum decrying a perceived under-representation of Susan Hayward on the network, and this newest development will definitely not make the people who make said posts happy.

Many of Susan Hayward's fans and admirers are disappointed that most of her films have been cancelled for this coming Monday, June 30th. I believe that TCM will now only be showing two. It was to be a celebration of her birthdate, and we look forward to this each year. I have total respect for Eli Wallach's career, but it seems like TCM could have chosen another day for his "memorial." Susan Hayward would have been 97 years old this coming June 30th. She was an incredible asset to the film industry, was nominated for an Oscar 5 times, and won for the last with "I Want To Live." As far as I know she has not ever even been given the Star of the Month treatment at TCM. I stand corrected if I am wrong, but I surely don't remember it.

susanhaywardclassicfilmstar.com

facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar

Welcome Ginger.to the TCM message boards. If you see this in time, AND if you get the Fox Movie Channel, they will have Susan Hayward movies early this morning.....

THE SNOWS OF KILIMANJARO (1952) @ 7:15 am eastern, and followed by....

WHITE WITCH DOCTOR (1953) @ 9:15 am eastern.

On Monday, FMC (now known as FXM Retro), will have one Hayward film.....

WOMAN OBSESSED (1959) @ 11 am eastern.

If you miss these, don't fret; FMC tends to repeat these, and other Hayward titles, fairly regularly. There is a thread on Fox films here, which I update a couple times a week ot so.

PS......Susan Hayward has not been Star of the Month; there is a thread started a few months back trying to get this going. She is a very worthy candidate for this, and although some here will say since many of her films were done for Paramount and 20th Century Fox, TCM wont have access to enough movies to cover a month. But TCM has shown several of her films from either studio, plus a number of others she made elsewhere. There are more than enough of the Brooklyn dynamo's flicks to do a reperesentative month long tribute to her.

• Like 1

Thank you very much for your warm welcome, Arturo! I do have Fox Movie Channel, and I will also relate this info to many of Susan Hayward's fans with whom I am honored and privileged to have contact.

P.S. I kind of figured TCM would have plenty of films available to give her the Star of the Month treatment.. just frustrated as how to "light the fire."... Many thanks..

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings