Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

THE WICKER MAN (1973)

What I think about "TWM" is that I cherish my copy of the full film that was encased in a beautiful wood box with faux wood-burnt title engendered on its surface and that male virgins should be careful when they go looking for trouble, or little girls named Rowan.

Nuff said!

• Like 1

What I think about "TWM" is that I cherish my copy of the full film that was encased in a beautiful wood box with faux wood-burnt title engendered on its surface and that male virgins should be careful when they go looking for trouble, or little girls named Rowan.

Nuff said!

That is funny. I take it you're a fan. LOL

:)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes, there are some interesting musical elements early in the film. 

Very good use of British traditional/folk music throughout the film, ending of course with the oldest song of all: "Summer Is Icumen In."

• Like 1

Thanks for this thread-I'm on a kick discovering all the 70's & 80's horror films I missed growing up. (wasn't allowed to see them as a teen/too busy in my 20's & 30's)

If JoeFilmOne likes it, must be worth a view.

The 102-minute cut of the movie is better than the shortened version, to be sure.  It's a shame there's no way to make a longer cut than the 1 hr 40 min version with more footage that was shot (Christopher Lee mentioned it), but I reckon that footage no longer exists.  There was more footage of Sgt. Howie riding around the island and Christopher Lee gave a speech to Howie that was more or less completely excised if memory serves.