Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Three Comrades (1938)

Kid Dabb

This is one of my top 10 favorites (this week ;-) - and it's playing now.

I'd enjoy The Mortal Storm (1940) first, then this - -  back-to-back.

That order because The Mortal Storm kind of depresses me with some of my favorite actors in dark roles, but then Three Comrades is more uplifting, even though the same subject matter is touched upon. I feel the latter stays true to it's title in that it does focus on comradery between the four stars, and even though it has a somewhat sad ending, it's still fun.

• 7 months later...

I just saw an interstitial on TCM with what appeared to be an old trailer from the 30s.

It advertised Three Comrades (1938?) starring Robert Taylor, James Stewart, and Spencer Tracy.

Huh..? !

I know I wasn't seeing things. I saw this trailer title screen with it..

148nm1c.jpg

I must wonder if you might like also: Two Army Comrades (1968). It is known also as: Two Comrades Were Serving.

It is the story of two men who are very different in education, politics and outlook who become fast friends. It is very moving movie. One is simple-minded patriot. Other is intellectual who should not be in any war and should be on other side of this one.

It is available at:

There are English subtitles.

I just saw an interstitial on TCM with what appeared to be an old trailer from the 30s.

It advertised Three Comrades (1938?) starring Robert Taylor, James Stewart, and Spencer Tracy.

Huh..? !

I know I wasn't seeing things. I saw this trailer title screen with it..

148nm1c.jpg

I guess nobody picked up on this..

Neither James Stewart or Spencer Tracy were in this film - although they're in the trailer as co-starring with Robert Taylor.  'Twas Franchot Tone and Robert Young who co-starred.

wha happen..?

:huh:

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings