Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Jack Larue, Ella Raines and Leslie Banks!

CaveGirl

Who watched the NOFMB movie, with Jack actually being a bit of a love interest? It was super as was Ms. Raines last night in a flick I've never seen where she gets facial surgery and then cleans up on the local man market?

But the highlight of the week for me had to be "Sanders of the River" with the literally frozen-faced and eerie Leslie Banks and a regional cast which made the natives in "King Kong" look hokey. As soon as I saw the Janus two-headed god at the start I knew I was in for a good time, and this film footage under the direction of Zoltan Korda was almost as interesting as the only extant footage of how to make a truly shrunken head.

I'm a sucker for jungle films; anyone else so addicted here?

Brilliant point, Vautrin!

And I too was wondering a bit while watching, just what Robeson thought about this pic and his attire, but Osborne did clear it up.

Gotta love those Brits, even when they get their comeuppance. I mean, how can I hate any culture which produced George Sanders and Ronald Colman. Thanks for a great response!

While I was watching Sanders I was wondering why Paul Robeson

would play a useful idiot for the Brits. Then Uncle Bob in his outro

explained how mad Robeson was about his role in the film. Didn't

he read the script of pay attention during filming? I mean the utter

subservience of his role was pretty obvious.

Robeson got fed up with making movies in Hollywood, because he was a MAN, a MALE LEAD actor, yet Hollywood always made him a 2nd class citizen.

Robeson made several films in England where he played the top male lead, but Sanders (the movie) didn't quite work out for him, and Sanders (the character) had almost NOTHING to do with the film. The hero was Robeson, yet he got hoodwinked into playing a lackey for Sanders (the character).

Who watched the NOFMB movie, with Jack actually being a bit of a love interest? It was super as was Ms. Raines last night in a flick I've never seen where she gets facial surgery and then cleans up on the local man market?

But the highlight of the week for me had to be "Sanders of the River" with the literally frozen-faced and eerie Leslie Banks and a regional cast which made the natives in "King Kong" look hokey. As soon as I saw the Janus two-headed god at the start I knew I was in for a good time, and this film footage under the direction of Zoltan Korda was almost as interesting as the only extant footage of how to make a truly shrunken head.

I'm a sucker for jungle films; anyone else so addicted here?

Yeah, me too. I grew up watching them in Theaters and on TV. My first out of the country trip when I was 21 years old was to the jungles of Yucatan in Mexico. I loved it, wonderful place, friendly people, lots of jungle and Mayan ruins, and beautiful young native girls!! I even got to ride into the jungle in an old fashioned British Land Rover!! Yay!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings