Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Quincy Jones...one of the most fascinating of Bob's guests ever!

Dargo

Loved the insights into movie scoring and other aspects of movie making that Quincy Jones covered so eloquently in his guest programmer role this evening.

I guess that's pretty much all I wanted to say here.

(...well, other than if you didn't tune into TCM Monday night, you REALLY missed out)

• Like 1

Hmmmm...I guess either nobody was tuned into TCM last night, OR I'm somewhat alone in my appreciated of Quincy Jones' appearance with Bob.

THIS'LL teach me to stick to just inserting my many attempts at humor into other peoples' threads around here instead of startin' one of my own, I guess.

(...WAIT!...maybe if I would've thread-titled this baby with somethin' like: "NEWS FLASH! Quincy Jones was THE best guest Bob ever had, and I've got the stats to PROVE it!"???)

LOL 

He reminded me of how much I'd like to see daughter Rashida invited to be a guest programmer. Whenever I look at her I'm amazed at how much of both her father and Peggy Lipton is evident in her look.

I saw her being interviewed by Piers Morgan some months back as was impressed with her coolness.

He reminded me of how much I'd like to see daughter Rashida invited to be a guest programmer. Whenever I look at her I'm amazed at how much of both her father and Peggy Lipton is evident in her look.

I saw her being interviewed by Piers Morgan some months back as was impressed with her coolness.

OH, yeah, dark. I agree. I think Rashida is not only a doll, but have also been impressed with her conversational skills on the talk shows I've seen her on.

OH, yeah, dark. I agree. I think Rashida is not only a doll, but have also been impressed with her conversational skills on the talk shows I've seen her on.

You should see his youngest daughter Kenya, a budding actress who happens to be the spitting image of her mother, German film star Nastassja Kinski!

Hmmmm...I guess either nobody was tuned into TCM last night, OR I'm somewhat alone in my appreciated of Quincy Jones' appearance with Bob.

THIS'LL teach me to stick to just inserting my many attempts at humor into other peoples' threads around here instead of startin' one of my own, I guess.

(...WAIT!...maybe if I would've thread-titled this baby with somethin' like: "NEWS FLASH! Quincy Jones was THE best guest Bob ever had, and I've got the stats to PROVE it!"???)

LOL 

My favorite QJ scores are MacKenna's Gold and The Out-of-Towners and for TV, Ironside.  :)

My favorite QJ scores are MacKenna's Gold and The Out-of-Towners and for TV, Ironside.  :)

I was very impressed with his score for "The Pawnbroker". I never really had noticed before how well it fit this intense story. 

Loved the insights into movie scoring and other aspects of movie making that Quincy Jones covered so eloquently in his guest programmer role this evening.

I guess that's pretty much all I wanted to say here.

(...well, other than if you didn't tune into TCM Monday night, you REALLY missed out)

Quincy Jones is the man most responsible, other than Jackson himself, for Michael Jackson's mega-success.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings