Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Thank you, TCM, for showing "1776" July 4th

terrya

I am so delighted that TCM is showing "1776" July 4th. "1776" is a particular favorite of mine. Great score, wonderful cast (William Daniels as John Adams, Howard Da Silva as Benjamin Franklin, Ken Howard as Thomas Jefferson. Perfect). And they got the history right!

A terrific July 4th tradition on TCM. "1776". I have the dvd, but yes, I'll be watching! :-)

• Like 1

I am so delighted that TCM is showing "1776" July 4th. "1776" is a particular favorite of mine. Great score, wonderful cast (William Daniels as John Adams, Howard Da Silva as Benjamin Franklin, Ken Howard as Thomas Jefferson. Perfect). And they got the history right!

A terrific July 4th tradition on TCM. "1776". I have the dvd, but yes, I'll be watching! :-)

They show it every year without fail-- twice in fact.  Once in February during the 31 Days of Oscar, and again on July 4th. You can set your patriotic clock to it.

• Like 1

Very intelligent dialogue in this film. It would take pages and pages of this thread to post some of the more memorable in it.

One of my favorites is when Adams discovers Jefferson hasn't gotten anywhere with his first draft of the document....

Adams: "You've had a week and haven't finished?"

Jefferson: "No. I haven't even begun!"

Adams: "My God, man. The EARTH was finished in a week."

Jefferson: Yes. One day you must tell me how you accomplished that."

• Like 1