Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Black Moon (1975)

SansFin

Black Moon (1975) is scheduled for: 2:30AM (ET) Wednesday night/Thursday morning.

It is a Louis Malle allegory with spectacular imagery. I believe it is one of the best movies of its era.

I thank TCM for bringing us this wonderful movie!

• Like 1

I so concur, SF.

I was almost as thrilled about BM being on, as I am about TCM scheduling Bunuel's "Diary of a Chambermaid" for Sunday, July 6th at 4:00am.

The close-ups on the feet, are almost as bizarre as in his film, "El'.

"Black Moon" also has Joe Dallesandro who I only know from oddball roles in Andy Warhol films, so this should be entertaining...

I only saw Black Moon once, long ago, but I've never forgotten it. It will appeal to anyone who likes going into a strange other world via movies.

As I recall, there are a few Alice in Wonderland allusions in it. 

Of course, It's not being aired in Canada. But we've talked enough about that today.

db, I'm so happy to say you is right!

I must have been all mixed up. I checked the date and time SansFin gave, and scrolled down to see that it was indeed playing. On the American schedule.

Then I clicked "Canadian schedule". Here's where I look pretty silly - I scrolled down again to the 2:30 spot, and couldn't see "Black Moon" for looking.It looked different than the American schedule, and that was all I noticed.

Actually, I should stop trying to explain why I made this mistake, and just be glad that Black Moon is airing in Canada.

I know.

If only I could record these middle of the night rare movies, there'd be no issue about my staying awake to watch them.

yeah, I did doze off during Seconds, right in the big climatic scene where Rock finds out everyone around him is also a "second" . (I only know this because afterwards I read the in-depth plot description.) I woke up to find him asking if he could visit his old home, or something.

Of course, dozing off wouldn't matter quite so much with Black Moon, as it's not exactly plot-oriented. Still, I wouldn't want to miss any of it.

Maybe, like Alice (I'm sure there are references to Lewis Carrol'ls creation in Malle's film), I should eat or drink a mysterious cake or potion that will alter me so I can stay awake for all of it !

I know.

If only I could record these middle of the night rare movies, there'd be no issue about my staying awake to watch them.

yeah, I did doze off during Seconds, right in the big climatic scene where Rock finds out everyone around him is also a "second" . (I only know this because afterwards I read the in-depth plot description.) I woke up to find him asking if he could visit his old home, or something.

Of course, dozing off wouldn't matter quite so much with Black Moon, as it's not exactly plot-oriented. Still, I wouldn't want to miss any of it.

Maybe, like Alice (I'm sure there are references to Lewis Carrol'ls creation in Malle's film), I should eat or drink a mysterious cake or potion that will alter me so I can stay awake for all of it !

That scene is the most frightening scene in the movie. The end is dramatic to be sure - but it was those looks passing between the "others" at the party that sent the biggest chill through me.

I'm sorry I missed that part.

Sometimes I can and do stay awake very late, so I'm going to hope that happens this Wednesday night.

(Hey, remember that Simon and Garfunkle record, "Wednesday Morning, 3 a.m." ?)

Gotta go now, the Canadian thread has worn me out. I can't take it anymore !!  :wacko:  :blink:

(can't decide which one looks sillier.)

oh, by the way...Happy Canada Day!

I'm sorry I missed that part.

Sometimes I can and do stay awake very late, so I'm going to hope that happens this Wednesday night.

(Hey, remember that Simon and Garfunkle record, "Wednesday Morning, 3 a.m." ?)

Gotta go now, the Canadian thread has worn me out. I can't take it anymore !!  :wacko:  :blink:

(can't decide which one looks sillier.)

oh, by the way...Happy Canada Day!

Related to TCM's programming in Canada;   Do they show more French speaking films then TCM here in the states?   I know the programming is different related to access right issues but is that the only difference?    

Related to TCM's programming in Canada;   Do they show more French speaking films then TCM here in the states?   I know the programming is different related to access right issues but is that the only difference?    

No, I don't believe so.

Well, I made it through, though of course it's earlier here on the west coast.  

The problem for me was my cat's reaction to the various high pitched animal and other odd sounds.  His ears twitched wildly, and when the wee critters in the grass squeaked away he had to leave the couch.  So, I watched most of it sans sound.

I must say, I'd almost forgotten Joe Dallasandro's stunning looks (to put it mildly) and smoldering presence.  I'd not seen him on screen in at least 40 years, in Trash, and he was all I could focus on in Black Moon.  And maybe the unicorn.  

I look forward to seeing it again, this time with full sound!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings