Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

INGENUES PERVERSES

Palmerin

Watching the tribute to Leslie Caron on 1 July 2014 made me realize how often she, like Audrey Hepburn, was cast as an ingénue perverse: a childlike girl who is sultry and seductive, almost what would be called today a Lolita.

I find it really amazing that the proverbially straitlaced Fifties was so fond of this type of character.

funny you bring this up, but while watching "Sentimental Journey" last night, as the O'Hara character was telling their newly adopted 10?yr. old daughter to indulge and obey the Payne character's 'every' whim' because she had 'spoiled' him so and because 'he was such a child',  I found myself talking to the screen saying "I don't think ya want to be telling her that!!"

Must be seeing too many SVU marathons, right??

;)

• Like 1

Watching the tribute to Leslie Caron on 1 July 2014 made me realize how often she, like Audrey Hepburn, was cast as an ingénue perverse: a childlike girl who is sultry and seductive, almost what would be called today a Lolita.

I find it really amazing that the proverbially straitlaced Fifties was so fond of this type of character.

Well the 50s.also gave us the big breasted sexpots, with one of.the prime exponents of same being the child like Monroe persona.

The "straight-laced Fifties" specialized in showing you one thing and calling it another. Good point that it also carried over to the sexpots like Monroe (with the notable exception of "Niagara"). It was essential that the girl/woman in question seem at least somewhat innocent of the effect she was having on men. In Europe she would have been naughtier and more knowing, like Bardot.