Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

NIGHT OF THE QUARTER MOON pulled from schedule

blumphf

Was supposed to air next week on 7/10 at 11:45am...  Not anymore.  Had this ever been shown previously? 

And when the June schedule first went up, TCM had LAST SUMMER ('69) scheduled for airing in the last week of the month...it disappeared off the schedule, too.

Is there ever any communication from TCM on this site about why this is done?

• Like 1

Was supposed to air next week on 7/10 at 11:45am...  Not anymore.  Had this ever been shown previously? 

And when the June schedule first went up, TCM had LAST SUMMER ('69) scheduled for airing in the last week of the month...it disappeared off the schedule, too.

Is there ever any communication from TCM on this site about why this is done?

blumphf,

TCMProgrammr, the senior VP of programming, has posted here over the years that when this happens it usually indicates that a rights issue arose at the last minute or that a digital formatted file of the film was expected by turned out to be unavailable.

He also stated that TCM tries it's best to reschedule the films once the obstacles have been worked out.

In the case of Last Summer, They might have pulled it because it was set to be on around 6 PM, and the film was originally rated X. I think that they wanted to avoid controversy.

I think that's a good theory. LAST SUMMER has aired before on TCM, usually in the late night/early morning hours.

Holden, I also was really anticipating seeing this movie again.  It is not shown very often.  Oh well,  we've had this happen before, and I'm sure there will be many more times.  But I'm still disappointed.

Yeah, It does happen, but it's still disappointing.

Hopefully TCM will be able to air it in the near future.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings