Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vic Morrow

I think Vic Morrow is under appreciated.  

I'd love to see TCM play some of his films which were never shown before - back from the 1950's.  

Please make this guy a "Summer Under The Stars" day sometime

Wasn't there a Vic Morrow thread recently?

Does he even have enough movies for a SUTS? Morrow was mostly on TV. I'm a big Combat fan -- check out the episode "The Glory Among Men", which IIRC he also directed.

Portrait Of A Mobster was his shot at a feature lead. His performance as Dutch Schultz was the best thing in it. Otherwise it's rather boring and mostly fictionalized. There is a godawful romantic subplot with Leslie Parrish and a cuckolded Peter Breck. For some reason the script changes the real circumstances of DS's death, and unforgivably does not include the legendary Last Words of Dutch Schultz bit, which was even used briefly in the Untouchables about DS with Lawrence Dobkin (and which William Burroughs later wrote a play about).

Wasn't there a Vic Morrow thread recently?

Does he even have enough movies for a SUTS? Morrow was mostly on TV. I'm a big Combat fan -- check out the episode "The Glory Among Men", which IIRC he also directed.

Portrait Of A Mobster was his shot at a feature lead. His performance as Dutch Schultz was the best thing in it. Otherwise it's rather boring and mostly fictionalized. There is a godawful romantic subplot with Leslie Parrish and a cuckolded Peter Breck. For some reason the script changes the real circumstances of DS's death, and unforgivably does not include the legendary Last Words of Dutch Schultz bit, which was even used briefly in the Untouchables about DS with Lawrence Dobkin (and which William Burroughs later wrote a play about).

There are enough movies where Morrow has a part for a full day of movies.   In most of these movies Morrow has 3rd - 5th billing so he isn't in those movies much.       But SUTS is known to feature that type of actor (someone with a very limited movie legacy).

Yes, I would love to see those films too!

I believe there is enough movies with Vic Morrow to make a nice day of films of his

-Blackboard Jungle

-Portrait of A Mobster - never saw this film

-Glass House

-Tribute to a Bad Man

- Cimarron

-King Creole

-Men in War

-God's Little Acre

-California Kid

-Posse from Hell - never saw this film

-Hell's Five Hours - never saw this film