Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

VILLAGE OF THE GIANTS

HoldenIsHere

On the subject of great, campy sci-fi movies, I wish TCM would air VILLAGE OF THE GIANTS (1965) again. 

I caught part of it when it aired once before. I think this was about 2 years ago.  

It is very loosely based on a novel by H.G. Wells and features child stars Tommy Kirk, Johnny Crawford and Ronny (Ron) Howard as well as a young Beau Bridges who "zoom to super-size and terrorize a town!"

P1010881.jpg

On the subject of great, campy sci-fi movies, I wish TCM would air VILLAGE OF THE GIANTS (1965) again. 

I caught part of it when it aired once before. I think this was about 2 years ago.  

It is very loosely based on a novel by H.G. Wells and features child stars Tommy Kirk, Johnny Crawford and Ronny (Ron) Howard as well as a young Beau Bridges who "zoom to super-size and terrorize a town!"

P1010881.jpg

Illustrations from Pearson's Magazine 1903-1904 from "Food of The Gods" by H.G. Wells

FoodofGods4.jpg

FoodfGods2.jpg

P1010881.jpg

It's just a dam shame Bert I. Gordon didn't give us some better shots of Joy Harmon and her little dance partner Johnny Crawford. :lol: Years later Crawford did this hilarious skit with Elvira, Mistress of the Dark. Johnny Crawford tries to lasso a 30 foot Elvira and she yanks on the rope and guess where Johnny winds up?  :) Elvira pulls a toy action figure off her upper front area and tosses it away. It's hilarious!  :D

Johnny Crawford is a good singer. He did some nice renditions of old pop songs that appealed to me quite a bit. I wish he had recorded more of them in full, but at least there are some charming little videos out there.

Here he is channeling Bing,

Village of the Giants - that was filmed here at the Columbia Ranch - http://www.columbiaranch.net or https://www.facebook.com/ColumbiaRanch.net

It should play with Attack of the 50 Foot Woman. (no that did not film at the Columbia Ranch).

Yes, Columbia Studios rented out their backlot to other independent productions, commercials, etc.

It is still in use as Warner Bros. owns the back lot now at 411 N. Hollywood Way, Burbank and available for filming.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings