Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM Messageboards Closing in on the 1,000,000 Post Mark

Guest obrienmundy

Guest obrienmundy

Yes, as it currently stands we are less that 20 posts away from that fateful 1,000,000 post mark. Here is to these boards so that many more wonderful posts will be made here! And I thank the posters here for the many fascinating threads they have started over the years.

Heavens, I would even settle for Fiestaware!

That would be great! I love Fiestaware and have been collecting both old and new colors for about 20 years now!

• Like 1

Heavens, I would even settle for Fiestaware!

I would love to win a few old sets of the Pyrex from the 50s and 60s. Or perhaps a few settings of Franciscan China in any pattern!

Hmm, guess it's gone now. 

You must go to the main page at:

http://forums.tcm.com/

There you will see the list of forums separated by type into white boxes.

The very last set is: Technical Issues.

Directly below that white box is a row of statistics. The first item is number of total forum posts. The number is 1,000,133 as I am writing this. The other statistics are the number of members, the name of the newest member and the greatest number of members who were on-line at the same time.

The count is shown way down on the TCM Message Boards page, close to the bottom - right below the last forum listed.

• 1,000,393 Total Posts
  • 42,019 Total Members
  • tzogn Newest Member
  • 439 Most Online
50 users are online (in the past 15 minutes)

20 members, 30 guests, 0 anonymous users   (See full list)

• 1,000,393 Total Posts
  • 42,019 Total Members
  • tzogn Newest Member
  • 439 Most Online
50 users are online (in the past 15 minutes)

20 members, 30 guests, 0 anonymous users   (See full list)

WHOA now, mr6666! Excuse me here, but when people post somethin' like THIS, isn't it now the "correct protocol" to FIRST state that it's "News"???

(...man...I'm tellin' ya...you people are REALLY confusin' me around here lately, YA KNOW!!!)

• Like 1

• 1,000,393 Total Posts

I just did a complete scan of all posts ever made on this board, and was astounded to discover that 99% of the posts fall into one category;  requests that TCM show Marie Osmond movies.

I just did a complete scan of all posts ever made on this board, and was astounded to discover that 99% of the posts fall into one category;  requests that TCM show Marie Osmond movies.

Nah, Rich. That was just me entering over and over again that I want TCM to show "I Married Wyatt Earp" as soon as possible.

(...I mean, ya gotta admit, she IS pretty darn cute!)

Appears quite a few are missing.  :o

If you have ever tried to search for a particular poster, it will reveal an interesting anomaly.

The list of users includes everyone who has ever signed up to participate in the discussion here (both old boards and new boards).

Many of those listed have not been part of the community for years.

But they are still listed and that may explain why the member tally is such a high number.

If you have ever tried to search for a particular poster, it will reveal an interesting anomaly.

The list of users includes everyone who has ever signed up to participate in the discussion here (both old boards and new boards).

But they are still listed and that may explain why the member tally is such a high number.

Eeh! I liked my answer better, Lynn!

(...yours is MUCH too technical!!!) ;)

That, and the fact that some posters are on their 527th screen name.

There are many - and I do mean many - that never were a part of the message board community. They created an identity but didn't make a single post.

A forum which I read often but of which I am not a member has statistics:

Threads 480,760 Posts 12,856,627 Members 209,960 Active Members 18,359

I believe it is that a person must post regularly to remain as "active member." I have seen also that they are strict on moderation and so it is common to see members banned. It is there also that I learned of a process called: 'shadow ban.' That is quite insidious!