Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Crying Elephant

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

What does the Weather Channel have against the commercial on the humane treatment of elephants.  Every time the ad appears, it is cut off within 10 seconds and go to another commercial. :huh:

This is the ad.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just saw this thread, and read through some of the comments to see if this is the same crying baby elephant that cried and cried and was inconsolable after they took him from his mother a couple years ago? Oh man, I was crying too. They showed a pic of the poor thing, tears streaming down it's face. It almost broke my heart... :( but I understand why they did it... it was still very sad...

Update on Mohan the elephant:  he has been rescued and is now safe!  Just got an email from the organization, but for his safety they can't report any details at this time.

Wonderful to hear some good news.

Oh that's fabulous news!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here's the story on Mohan, 55, the elephant who was to be rescued at the same time as Raju, the crying elephant.  After 2 years and 20 court hearings he's free, eating bananas, and starting his new life at a sanctuary in India:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3815743/World-s-unluckiest-elephant-FINALLY-freed.html

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

Satao II, a 50-year-old so-called "giant tusker" was found dead near the Tsavo National Park border.

Conservationists at the park believe he may have been killed be a poison arrow, although the cause of death has not yet been confirmed.

Satao was named after another giant tusker killed by poachers in 2014.

There are now fewer than 30 African "big tuskers" - adult bulls with ivory large enough to brush the ground - in the world........

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-39188184?ocid=socialflow_twitter

also: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/mar/06/poachers-kill-satao-ii-elephant-kenya-tsavo-big-tusker

o-SATAO-facebook.jpg

I just saw this thread, and read through some of the comments to see if this is the same crying baby elephant that cried and cried and was inconsolable after they took him from his mother a couple years ago? Oh man, I was crying too. They showed a pic of the poor thing, tears streaming down it's face. It almost broke my heart... :( but I understand why they did it... it was still very sad...

Mommy doesn't love me! :( 

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...