Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Mary Dugan" replaced by "Mrs. Cheyney" on next week's sked

That's a shame, since not only has the Shearer version of The Last of Mrs. Cheyney been shown at least twice in recent years, it's distinctly inferior to  the 1937 Joan Crawford / William Powell / Robert Montgomery remake.  I sure hope that The Trial of Mary Dugan gets re-scheduled sometime soon.

That's a shame, since not only has the Shearer version of The Last of Mrs. Cheyney been shown at least twice in recent years, it's distinctly inferior to  the 1937 Joan Crawford / William Powell / Robert Montgomery remake.  I sure hope that The Trial of Mary Dugan gets re-scheduled sometime soon.

I'm a big fan of the Crawford/Powell version of The Last of Mrs. Cheyney.    Crawford and Powell make a great team.   While I generally like Montgomery I'm not sure he is right for the part.  I don't have anything specific to say about that,  more like just a feeling.

Anyhow,  just another case where the remake is better then the original.

I was elated when I first saw that "The Trial Of Mary Dugan" was going to be shown later this month. TCM has only shown it once and that was within a few weeks after its inception in 1994.

I had read somewhere that there were some problems with the copywright or some other legal entanglement which kept this movie from airing since then.

Does anyone know what happened this time? It is an MGM movie and TCM did show it once before.

It was quite a disappointment to see it's been taken off the schedule.

You aren't the only one who is upset over this! I was so excited about seeing this rare film that I actually requested time off work so I could be home when it aired. It's like replacing "Gone With The Wind" with "Night Nurse." Did you think we wouldn't notice TCM?!

I love early talkie Norma and hope this film becomes available soon.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings