Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

California: a world gone nuts?

NipkowDisc

Some guy in California calls up his cable provider wanting to cancel his service....and the rep won't let 'em! :angry: Is this nuts or what? Sanity gone fishin'...and the result is nutsville. Only in California? Maybe not but it's sure a great place to start.  :)

b7cswz.jpg

Hmmmmmm....

The East Coast snobs are grating,

I really never cared for them

And the Southern folks and with the way they talk,

often make me think they're dim

The Midwest folks can sometimes be,

as boring as their states are flat

And the Northern folks who freeze their a$$es off

every winter, how about that

I wish they all could be California,

I wish they all could be California,

I wish they all could be California-like

(...any questions, ND?) ;)

LOL

(...OH, and in case you might be wonderin' here, the primary reason I retired to Sedona AZ is 'cause, THERE'S WAY TOO MANY FREAKIN' PEOPLE THERE NOW WHO MOVED INTO MY BEAUTIFUL OLD HOME STATE!!!)

Some guy in California calls up his cable provider wanting to cancel his service....and the rep won't let 'em! :angry: Is this nuts or what? Sanity gone fishin'...and the result is nutsville. Only in California? Maybe not but it's sure a great place to start.  :)

If that Rep was in the south they wouldn't even understand what the customer was asking.   ;)

Thought this thread was about the plan to divide CA into 6 different states I saw this morning (LOL)....they are trying to get it on the ballot...

Hadn't heard that one Hibi, but as you probably know, there's been many efforts to divide the state into two, "Northern and Southern", for many years.

(...word always was the folks up in "Frisco" just HATE IT that not ONLY do some people in L.A. still call it "Frisco", but that L.A. is even in the same state as them!!!) LOL

Hadn't heard that one Hibi, but as you probably know, there's been many efforts to divide the state into two, "Northern and Southern", for many years.

(...word always was the folks up in "Frisco" just HATE IT that not ONLY do some people in L.A. still call it "Frisco", but that L.A. is even in the same state as them!!!) LOL

The backers seemed to think they had enough signatures to get it on the ballot. The map looks really crazy. The northern part is called Jefferson for some reason. Silicon Valley is its own state. The rest have California as part of their names. I dont see this happening. Even if it would ever pass, it would have to be approved by Congress and the Prez. and you know the chances of something like that happening are nill......

The backers seemed to think they had enough signatures to get it on the ballot. The map looks really crazy. The northern part is called Jefferson for some reason. Silicon Valley is its own state. The rest have California as part of their names) I dont see this happening. Even if it would ever pass, it would have to be approved by Congress and the Prez. and you know the chances of something like that happening are nill......

Yeah, true. If after all the years of talk about dividing the state into just two never came about, this one is surely a joke.

Yeah, true. If after all the years of talk about dividing the state into just two never came about, this one is surely a joke.

Talk about wasting money. They said the backer has spent 2 million on the project. Give it to ME!

Thought this thread was about the plan to divide CA into 6 different states I saw this morning (LOL)....they are trying to get it on the ballot...

Funny but I also had the same thought when I saw the title of this thread.    As for this plan;  It looks like they have enough votes to get in on the ballot.   This is being pushed by the Tea-Party types in CA,  with a hope of being able to divide up CA so they can get more representation in Congress as well as break up the CA electoral college block.   So from that POV it is a good idea.  

But even if the ballot would pass the US Congress would have to approve 5 addtional states and there is no way that is going to happen with the party divide there. 

Funny but I also had the same thought when I saw the title of this thread.    As for this plan;  It looks like they have enough votes to get in on the ballot.   This is being pushed by the Tea-Party types in CA,  with a hope of being able to divide up CA so they can get more representation in Congress as well as break up the CA electoral college block.   So from that POV it is a good idea.  

But even if the ballot would pass the US Congress would have to approve 5 addtional states and there is no way that is going to happen with the party divide there. 

Agree. Neither party is going to want to give up those electoral votes. I wasnt sure who was behind this, so that explains it.....

Agree. Neither party is going to want to give up those electoral votes. I wasnt sure who was behind this, so that explains it.....

Note it also explains why a North \ South divide wouldn't 'work' for those that lean right.  While northern CA is more conservative (especially if meaureed by square mile) good old Frisco is in the north and therefore it would still be difficult for the GOP to gain a majority in a new 'North CA' state.

What I'm not looking forward to is all the ads and robo phone calls I'll be getting when it gets close to the election. 

Note it also explains why and North \ South divide wouldn't 'work' for those that lean right.  While northern CA is more conservative (especailly if meaures by square mile) good old Frisco is in the north and therefore it would still be difficult for the GOP to gain a majority in a new 'North CA' state.

What I'm not looking forward to is all the ads and robo phone calls I'll be getting when it gets close to the election. 

LOL. Well living in Ohio, I never look forward to Presidential elections either......Yeah, I could see how SF would neutralize the "country" vote......

If those "Tea-Party types" had any sense at all, they'd do what many people across the wide spectrum of the population think SHOULD be done...HELP GET RID OF THE ENTIRE ARCHAIC ELECTORAL COLLEGE SYSTEM ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!

(...okay...now I've said my peace)

If those "Tea-Party types" had any sense at all, they'd do what many people across the wide spectrum of the population think SHOULD be done...HELP GET RID OF THE ENTIRE ARCHAIC ELECTORAL COLLEGE SYSTEM ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!

What the Tea-Party types living in CA should to is move to your neck of the woods!    They would feel right at home.

But getting serious;  I don't think we need to get rid of the electoral college but instead the votes should be divided by the percentage of the votes or at least if a candidate wins a majority in a county the votes proportioned to that county go to that candidate.    Winner takes all isn't democratic.

But since these changes would have to take place at the state level,  CA Dem would never support them since winner takes all favors their candidate.    To remove the electoral college isn't going to happen unless the parties in DC agree to work together.

I'm laughing while I'm typing that last sentence!  :D    

What the Tea-Party types living in CA should to is move to your neck of the woods!    They would feel right at home.

LOL

Yeah, this state of Arizona IS one of the most conservative in the Union, alright. BUT, you have to remember that Sedona has SOOO many of these "artsy-fartsy New Age" types around here(yeah, some who REALLY believe one can "sweat their troubles away", just like those fools who stayed in those sweat lodges to their very end) and who balance out all those OTHER idiots who keep sayin' SOOO freakin' simplistically "all we have to do is what the Founders wanted and everything will be hunky-dory again".

(...and so I've always gotten the feelin' that Sedona has a VERY nice balance of people overall, thank you very much!!!) LOL

;)

Am with you there. I doubt we'll live to see it..........

LOL

Yeah, this state of Arizona IS one of the most conservative in the Union, alright. BUT, you have to remember that Sedona has SOOO many of these "artsy-fartsy New Age" types around here(yeah, some who REALLY believe one can "sweat their troubles away", just like those fools who stayed in those sweat lodges to their very end) and who balance out all those OTHER idiots who keep sayin' SOOO freakin' simplistically "all we have to do is what the Founders wanted and everything will be hunky-dory again".

(...and so I've always gotten the feelin' that Sedona has a VERY nice balance of people overall, thank you very much!!!) LOL

;)

LOL. I remember seeing a show about those sweat lodge deaths. Awful.

LOL

;)

Well I agee with about Sedona.   My wife's close friend's mother lives in Sodona.   She is a leader of the gay and lesbian community and leads a pride day.  She feels Sedona is balanced.   We all know those new-age,  artsy types are leftist.  ;)   She is the owner of a local print store in town.   As you know I love that area.  I would have gone there in spring but instead we went to Italy.   But maybe in the fall after it cools down I'll make it there. 

As far as emoticons,  what does this one represent?    :ph34r:      

Well I agee with about Sedona.   My wife's close friend's mother lives in Sodona.   She is a leader of the gay and lesbian community and leads a pride day.  She feels Sedona is balanced.   We all know those new-age,  artsy types are leftist.  ;)   She is the owner of a local print store in town.   As you know I love that area.  I would have gone there in spring but instead we went to Italy.   But maybe in the fall after it cools down I'll make it there. 

As far as emoticons,  what does this one represent?    :ph34r:      

Be happy to see ya here, James!

Hey, speakin' o' of those asinine and mind-numbingly stupid political ads we see on our TVs(and before the Admin sees where this thread wandered off to and decides to delete this baby LOL) have you seen THIS parody of those "ads" that's about to go viral on YouTube?...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz_V4lRdtjo

(...does this about size those damn things up or what?!)

LOL. I remember seeing a show about those sweat lodge deaths. Awful.

Yeah, it was awful alright, Hibi. I'll agree with you about that.

(...BUT, anyone who thinks some other joker might have the "key to their happiness" and falls for charlatans like that, well, sorry, I have a REAL hard time feelin' sorry for people like that...call it my "lack of empathy" or even maybe bein' "mean" if ya want...I really don't care!!!)

Yeah, it was awful alright, Hibi. I'll agree with you about that.

(...BUT, anyone who thinks some other joker might have the "key to their happiness" and falls for charlatans like that, well, sorry, I have a REAL hard time feelin' sorry for people like that...call it my "lack of empathy" or even maybe bein' "mean" if ya want...I really don't care!!!)

Natural Selection isn't always pretty.

Natural Selection isn't always pretty.

Yeah, I've always gotten more of a laugh out of all the Darwin Award "Winners" in the world than I ever have a sense of "oh those poor things".

(...I'm guessin' you do too, eh dark?!) ;)

Archived