Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Happy Birthday Barbara Stanwyck! - An interview with the woman herself

OrcoDev

Great interviews with the greatest actress of all time.  Didn't you also post these last year, or some other time before that?  If it wasn't you, then someone else must have, because they've been put up here before.

Thanks for posting this interview.

I especially liked hearing Barbara Stanwyck's comments about William ("Wild Bill") Wellman, who directed her in SO BIG, NIGHT NURSE and THE PURCHASE PRICE.

Don't forget LADY OF BURLESQUE and THE GREAT MAN'S LADY.

A Great Man's Lady played in September of 2010, and I don't think it was a premiere then.  Fine performance by Stanwyck, though I liked a similar "aging" role that she had in the 1932 So Big a lot better.

A Great Man's Lady played in September of 2010, and I don't think it was a premiere then.  Fine performance by Stanwyck, though I liked a similar "aging" role that she had in the 1932 So Big a lot better.

I thought Robert Osborne's comment a couple of years ago about A GREAT MAN'S LADY was that it was a TCM premiere but maybe it was more along the lines that it was not a Stanwyck movie that was played often or was very well known.

I like SO BIG a lot. It's another example where one should not believe the Leonard Maltin review.

Anyway . . . cabbages are beautiful.  

I thought Robert Osborne's comment a couple of years ago about A GREAT MAN'S LADY was that it was a TCM premiere but maybe it was more along the lines that it was not a Stanwyck movie that was played often or was very well known.

Just for the record, A Great Man's Lady was shown in the 8:00 PM prime time slot, on Wednesday 9/8/2010.  I make note of the time and date every time I record a movie, and that's when I recorded this one.

I like SO BIG a lot. It's another example where one should not believe the Leonard Maltin review.

Totally agree on both counts.  So Big is one of my top 10 Stanwycks, one of the ones I can watch repeatedly without having it go stale on me.  IMO that was her first truly transcendent performance, though she'd had plenty of very good ones before it.

Hey classic film fans, thought you'd all appreciate this interview my dad did with today's birthday lady Barbara Stanwyck.  Thanks and let me know what you think!

interview: 

for more like this visit http://www.youtube.com/orcodevelopment

attachicon.gifStanwyck, Barbara.jpeg

Thank You for posting the interview with my favorite actress Barbara Stanwyck. I would love to hear the rest of that interview. Is there any chance more of the interview could be posted on youtube?

Just for the record, A Great Man's Lady was shown in the 8:00 PM prime time slot, on Wednesday 9/8/2010.  I make note of the time and date every time I record a movie, and that's when I recorded this one.

That seems correct. I remember recording it on VHS, before I started doing all my recordings on DVD. It was one of those I threw out when I moved. So I would definitely like to be able to see it again. It probably airs on TCM every three or four years.

Thank You for posting the interview with my favorite actress Barbara Stanwyck. I would love to hear the rest of that interview. Is there any chance more of the interview could be posted on youtube?

Glad you enjoyed it lavenderblue19, she's a lot of people's favorite.  We may upload more of the interview at a later date but for now we're just trying to get people's attention.

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings