Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Way Out West colorized version again??

tcmviewer

Hi,

I turned on TCM tonight in anticipation of catching the (hopefully) improved version of Way Out West only to find to my horror that it was once again the unwatchable colorized version with the color turned off.

What happened? I thought Hallmark was supposed to be providing TCM with the correct B&W print this time. I'm sorry to say that I turned off the TV when I saw the colorized notation come on the screen.

Thanks in advance for any insight into this. It is most appreciated!

Hallmark did send us the corrected version. We played the wrong one, however. I apologize. With thousands of titles we sometimes have trouble keeping track (as you know). It's no excuse and we're trying to figure out how to make sure it doesn't happen, but it still seems to.

FINALLY! TO tcmwebmaster-(P.S. would you please at least reply on this rather silly & on-going problem of not rec. HTML fashion newsletter(s)??? I got thse for 4yrs & now ZIP???

P.L.E.A.S.E. H.E.L.P!!!

On the genius that is Laurel & Hardy! Mr. Maltin in the late 1980's used to edit & show all of the greatest comedy duo ever on the silver-screen.I believe it was Nickelodeon. I was lucky enough to tape most, including "The Music Box" (1932) & yes, it's true *Hal Roach & "The Boys,' actually won an ACADEMY AWARD for that as Best Comedy Short-(maybe the mix-up, is same with "Way -ut West"('37) which was also on back hen, during the big colorization controversy

& again, to tcmeditor/programmer-(please drop me sometype of reply!?)

Thanks to TCMProgrammer for being forthright about what happened. We all make mistakes, but owning up to them takes character and class.

Now off to watch tonight's excellent lineup of horror/comedies.

Thanks again.