Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Rome Adventure on Sunday

ElCid

If you haven't seen it, this is one worth watching.  Suzanne Pleshette is great in it.  She was excellent in everything she did and is way overlooked.

Typical early '60's romantic comedy, but still very entertaining and wonderful scenery.

Would have been much better if Troy (can't act worth a d***) Donahue wasn't in it.

Here, here Cid! I really like Pleshette and always have. She made a few stinkers (haven't they all?) but some were fun and interesting. I love these types of 60's films. I plan on watching it again today. I really don't mind Troy too much,here. I'm sure that was a studio decision. I do love Constance Ford in this. She has a kind of Simone Signoret look.

Another appeal for me is Angie Dickenson. I like her so  much even though she probably had more clunkers than Suzanne. 

Pleshette. I'd like her to have her movies shown on her birthday on TCM. Why not?   

• Like 1

Pleshette. I'd like her to have her movies shown on her birthday on TCM. Why not?   

More candidates for Summer Under the Stars or Star of the Month.  Pleshette, Constance Ford, Angie Dickenson.

Suzanne Pleshette was on two of the Route 66 shows and really added to them.  Way, way before Bob Newhart Show.  

One benefit of all the "new" channels that are showing old TV shows is that we can see some "stars" and people who should have been stars.

Here, here Cid! I really like Pleshette and always have. She made a few stinkers (haven't they all?) but some were fun and interesting. I love these types of 60's films. I plan on watching it again today. I really don't mind Troy too much,here. I'm sure that was a studio decision. I do love Constance Ford in this. She has a kind of Simone Signoret look.

Another appeal for me is Angie Dickenson. I like her so  much even though she probably had more clunkers than Suzanne. 

Always thought it was Dickinson myself.  :)

You also get to see what some of the famous tourist sites in Rome look like when there aren't lots of tourists milling around. A fun romantic movie with gorgeous scenery.

Although casting Troy Donahue as a talented painter is, shall we say, not too credible.

This is fascinating! I have refused for years to watch RA because...well, it just seemed so silly and I have never been a Troy fan, but do love Pleshette.

Missed the beginning yesterday, but got caught up just as Suzanne was coming into the dining room at the hostel, and was trying to remember the name of the guy she was travelling with to Rome.

Then I got totally hooked as even though it's not the greatest movie or storyline, the scenes are beautiful with statues by Bernini gracing vistas and backdrops worthy of Leonardo making it an incredible travelogue for Rome and its surrounding areas.

This forced me to watch the whole darn film and I totally enjoyed seeing the gorgeous Angie in her hostess duds, and the film interiors also were well appointed and enjoyable to view.

Rosanna Brazzi was excellent as his usual Latin Lover type and all in all, the film was fun especially the part where Troy is renting the chalet and his totally overdone blond hair gets all blown up by the wind, and looks like a bad comb-over.

• Like 1

If It's Tuesday,This Must be Belgium was on a few weeks ago but I missed it. By far my favorite SP movie.

I know I had mentioned earlier that Troy didn't really bother me in this film but I must back track. He was bloody awful! Very wooden like he was just reading his lines.You know SP was a trained actress to some degree so I wonder what she thought of her husbands "talent"?

I wonder if SP ever gave an interview in the ensuing years about the making of this movie. I would be curious to know her thoughts on filming on location. 

• Like 1

If It's Tuesday,This Must be Belgium was on a few weeks ago but I missed it. By far my favorite SP movie.

I know I had mentioned earlier that Troy didn't really bother me in this film but I must back track. He was bloody awful! Very wooden like he was just reading his lines.You know SP was a trained actress to some degree so I wonder what she thought of her husbands "talent"?

I wonder if SP ever gave an interview in the ensuing years about the making of this movie. I would be curious to know her thoughts on filming on location. 

I happened to catch "Tueday/Belgium" a few years back, and I remember being pleasantly surprised at how well I thought it was done and how much I enjoyed it.

(...and I also remember thinking Suzanne was hotter than hot in that film especially...where maybe normally she was just plain hot!) 

If it's Tuesday, This Must Be Belgium was scheduled twice in past few months.  First showing was bumped because somebody (forget who) died and TCM had to do a rush memorial.

Unfortuantely, the second time I was on a trip and unable to see it.  But it was also shown on local this TV channel, so I watched it, but with commercials.

Would be nice if TCM would show it again.

Ian McShane is Pleshette's co-star.