Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Get TV

ElCid

Want to thank whoever mentioned this.  I found that I can get it over the air from a local station.  Of course, it means wathching it on the 13" TV at desk, but what the heck.  That's actually where I watch a lot of old TV shows.

Might have to invest in a real antenna and hook to the big TV.

The Cid wrote:  Want to thank whoever mentioned this.

:) I think that was me.  While they do run some vintage TV shows it's mostly all Columbia films so far.  For what was a second-tier studio for much of it's time they made a wide variety of films that were low in cost but high in quality.  From their Westerns they got one of the best places to have a studio and their films always had great lead and supporting actors on board.  Harry Cohn might have been a jerk personally but knew his business.  During the 50's Columbia seems to have won or been nominated for "Best Picture" every year.  It's on my "favorites" list.  Glad you like it !

Want to thank whoever mentioned this.  I found that I can get it over the air from a local station.  Of course, it means wathching it on the 13" TV at desk, but what the heck.  That's actually where I watch a lot of old TV shows.

Might have to invest in a real antenna and hook to the big TV. 

According to the Get TV website, the channel is available within my tri-state viewing area, Huntington / Charleston - WCHS (provider) on channel 8.2 but Suddenlink don't carry the signal.  I think its over the air only.

I just found out I have GetTV here in LA, over broadcast tv, channel 46.2. MIS SADIE THOMPSON (1953) is on right now between commercial breaks. I also have MOVIES also, Channel 13.3. YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN just finished,.and THE ODD COUPLE started. Too bad my DirecTV remote doesn't bring up a crawl screen to see upcoming films for either.