Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Silent Comedy Shorts!

Kay

Lots of silent comic shorts coming on today, including one of my favorites, Coney Island (1917). Thanks to YT I've seen just about all the shorts with Fatty, Buster and Al, except for The Hayseed, and the one that is lost, of course. In my opinion they are some of the funniest, thanks to this great trio of characters. To me they are the Batman, Robin and Joker of silent comedy; at their best when together.

Here's another favorite of the trio, even though Al St. John is not playing a villain.

To all those Canadians out there who only have The Student Prince of Old Heidelberg (1927) to look forward to, worry not! All four of these shorts are on YT. However, later there are EVEN MORE silent shorts for Silent Sunday, including another favorite (which you will not find on YT) Look Pleasant, Please (1918) with Harold Lloyd. I recommend this one for sheer silliness.

I'm no expert, though, as I haven't seen most the films on today. I'm looking forward to all of them.

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings