Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Classic film characters' names the same as later famous people

This is only semi on topic, since it's a TV character name that later was the name of a famous movie/book character--

in an episode of MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW, Ted's agent was named Bella Swan. For those of you lucky enough not to know, that's the name of the irritating lead character of the TWILIGHT series. Crazy!

Walter Connolly, NOTHING SACRED------Oliver Stone

Humphrey Bogart, BROTHER ORCHID----Jack Buck

Esther Williams, SKIRTS AHOY------Whitney Young

Any others?

Your thread got me thinking about the disclaimer you see at the end of movies

All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Humphrey Bogart, BROTHER ORCHID----Jack Buck

And in a further case of irony, I THINK Bogie says the following line in that flick after seeing Eddie in monks clothing for the first time...

"I can't believe what I just saw!"

;)

Steve Brodie the actor actually took his name from the real-life Brodie whom Raft portrayed.

This kind of reminds me of one Maurice Joseph Mickelwhite who after watching Bogie in a movie go off the deep end while testifying at a court martial would derive part of his stage name from the title of that movie.

Steve Brodie the actor actually took his name from the real-life Brodie whom Raft portrayed.

When it comes to borrowing, let's not forget Joyce Penelope Wilhelmina Frankenberg, the British actress (and Bond Girl) who took on the name of Henry VIII's third wife -- Jane Seymour.

What about actor Gig Young taking his professional name from the charactor he played in THE GAY SISTERS (1942)?

All right, I'll say it...Anne Shirley changed her name from Dawn O'Day to Anne Shirley after playing...well, you know.

These were two-thirds of one of my favorite trivia questions, along with Justus McQueen in Battle Cry playing a character named L.Q. Jones.

Barton MacLane in THE TREASURE OF THE SIERRA MADRE as the character "Pat McCormick" who attempts to stiff Bogie and Tim Holt out of their wages ...Pat McCormick actor/comedian/comedy writer

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings