Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The one with a title in another language, but it's told (mostly) in English

TopBilled

I always find it interesting when foreign language titles are used for Hollywood movies.

You know, like CASABLANCA. We would never think of calling it WHITE HOUSE starring Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman.

There are probably quite a few examples of this, and obviously it does not apply to just the Spanish language (though CASABLANCA was the one that immediately came to mind).

Thoughts...?

I always find it interesting when foreign language titles are used for Hollywood movies.

You know, like CASABLANCA. We would never think of calling it WHITE HOUSE starring Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman.

There are probably quite a few examples of this, and obviously it does not apply to just the Spanish language (though CASABLANCA was the one that immediately came to mind).

Thoughts...?

Read this link. 

http://mentalfloss.com/article/31192/31-bizarre-foreign-titles-american-movies

My best pick, "GI Jane", foreign title is "Satan Female Soldier". :lol: 

• Like 1

Read this link. 

http://mentalfloss.com/article/31192/31-bizarre-foreign-titles-american-movies

My best pick, "GI Jane", foreign title is "Satan Female Soldier". :lol: 

Kind of an offshoot of those assembly instructions ya get inside the box of that thing ya just purchased that was manufactured somewhere on the other side of the International Dateline, eh Ham?! ;)

and the translation of As Good as It Gets !! :lol:

That one reminds me of the "Alien Nation" (1988) quote after Sykes makes fun of George's name.

Detective Francisco (alien cop)... "It is like your name... Sykes. I'm sure it doesn't bother you at all that it sounds like ss'ai k'ss, two words in my language which means excrement and cranium.....S___thead.

• Like 1

Glad you mentioned BUONA SERA, MRS. CAMPBELL. It's coming up on TCM next week-- July 30th.

By the way, I just realized that if the title was all in Italian, it would be BUONA SERA, SIGNORA CAMPBELL. So this one is kind of a hybrid-title.

:)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings