Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Question for ALL of you!

Shortknight

Hi there, Shortknights poking around still.. :lol:  So last night I watched Mr.Lucky again, great movie, it had me all over the place, and I was glad as hell that it had a happy ending in the end. ;)

So my question to all of you, what is the movie with the happiest ending? One that will grin me ear to ear. Maybe even with an after glow. I am a sucker for happy endings, and theyre the best kind.

Doesnt matter what kind it is, just what it is to you. Romance or whatever, though romances are always the best, specially for me as of late heh. So.... what are you waitin' for? Happiest movie you know, lay em on me! B)

Shorty :)

First movie that came to my mind was "It's A Wonderful Life".  What could be happier? George Bailey arriving home after experiencing first hand what the world would be like had he never been born to see all his family, friends and neighbors waiting for him to help him and give him love and support. That last scene of George with his family by the Christmas tree surrounded by his family and friends is priceless!

• Like 2

Hi there, Shortknights poking around still.. :lol:  So last night I watched Mr.Lucky again, great movie, it had me all over the place, and I was glad as hell that it had a happy ending in the end. ;)

So my question to all of you, what is the movie with the happiest ending? One that will grin me ear to ear. Maybe even with an after glow. I am a sucker for happy endings, and theyre the best kind.

Doesnt matter what kind it is, just what it is to you. Romance or whatever, though romances are always the best, specially for me as of late heh. So.... what are you waitin' for? Happiest movie you know, lay em on me! B)

Shorty :)

"The Shawshank Redemption" (1994) and "Return of the Jedi" (1983) have very happy endings.

Ronald Colman [Conway] finally sees the entrance to Shangri-la and the bells ring. God, I love what Capra created with this movie. The cast was perfection and the score by Dimitri Tiomkin was nothing short of magnificent.

Ronald Colman [Conway] finally sees the entrance to Shangri-la and the bells ring. God, I love what Capra created with this movie. The cast was perfection and the score by Dimitri Tiomkin was nothing short of magnificent.

Here is the ORIGINAL ending that was changed a few weeks after the film was released. This one had Jane Wyatt waiting and watching for him:

The STANDARD ending, with no Jane Wyatt:

Interesting, Fred, I had never seen that ending with Jane Wyatt waiting for him, dressed as if she's going out to a night club. I think the traditional ending is much better, Lost Horizon is my favorite Capra film, but I do worry about those shadowy workers whom you see from a distance. They seem to be almost serf-like. What are their lives like?

I remember WAY "back in the day" that many "r e d n e c k s" felt that EASY RIDER had the best ending seen in any movie!

Personally, I'd have to go along with IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE.  Any movie in which the ending provides resolution and wrap-up of loose ends works for me...

Sepiatone

• Like 1

I remember WAY "back in the day" that many "****" felt that EASY RIDER had the best ending seen in any movie!

Personally, I'd have to go along with IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE.  Any movie in which the ending provides resolution and wrap-up of loose ends works for me...

Sepiatone

FIVE EASY PIECES, Nicholson's next film after EASY RIDER.

I remember WAY "back in the day" that many "r e d n e c k s" felt that EASY RIDER had the best ending seen in any movie!

It wasn't only r e d n e c k s who didn't mind seeing a pair of lowlife drug dealers meet a bloody and fiery ending.  The enemy of my enemy isn't necessarily my friend, even if that's the message that this entire sorry movie was browbeating us with for 95 long minutes.

There may be movie endings as good as that one, but it's hard to think of any that were better.

"Back to the Future" tied up things very neatly, although the coda hinted at several more complications with the space-time continuum for the sake of the two sequels. It's hard to believe that it's been 29 years since the film was released in July 1985! Talk about time travel!

"Back to the Future" tied up things very neatly, although the coda hinted at several more complications with the space-time continuum for the sake of the two sequels. It's hard to believe that it's been 29 years since the film was released in July 1985! Talk about time travel!

Next year will be 2015, the same year in "Back To The Future II"  Amazing what has came true

http://www.11points.com/Movies/11_Predictions_That_Back_to_the_Future_Part_II_Got_Right

They forgot how large the HD TV is in the film and came true with extras.

LG-WebOS-smart-TV-and-Ultra-HD-TVs-revie

Forgot to mention, the movie don't have a happy ending for Mr and Mrs McFly in the original reality (the meek and timid) who's son will wind up missing, unknown to them that Marty time traveled to the past while been chased by terrorist. Marty's picture will wind up on milk cartons and telephone poles.

It wasn't only r e d n e c k s who didn't mind seeing a pair of lowlife drug dealers meet a bloody and fiery ending.  The enemy of my enemy isn't necessarily my friend, even if that's the message that this entire sorry movie was browbeating us with for 95 long minutes.

There may be movie endings as good as that one, but it's hard to think of any that were better.

I like the ending of Easy Rider just like I dig the ending to Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry.  :D

I'm going to go with THE BEST YEARS OF OUR LIVES, here. An ending of which isn't sugar-coated fantasy*, but more a case of clear-eyed hope for a better future after all the trials and tribulations suffered by the returning veterans in that film.

(*-though don't get me wrong here, I'm cryin' tears of joy like everybody else is when Harry Bailey toasts, "To my big brother George,  the richest man in town!" in the movie so many here have mentioned)

• Like 1

FIVE EASY PIECES, Nicholson's next film after EASY RIDER.

Really?! He just dumped his pregnant girlfriend?! Alrighty then...

I'm kind of partial to 'Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory', 'Wizard of Oz', & 'Mars Attacks'.

All time favorite is probably 'Shawshank Redemption' for lots of reasons (Stephen King ROCKS, what he suffered through, and the serenity of the ocean and how it erases all memory - which I relate to on a very personal level). Lots of movies bring happiness to me, it's why I'm parked on TCM. Really tough for me to pick a fav.

Knew it... My brain kept going...

Other happy ending favs:

African Queen

Mr. Smith Goes to Washington

Sargent York

Bringing Up Baby

The Apartment

Some Like it Hot

LOL... I need to stop because my brain is getting rolling... Maybe I need to rethink all time fav. How could I forget Mel Brooks?!

• Like 1

Really?! He just dumped his pregnant girlfriend?! Alrighty then...

I'm kind of partial to 'Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory', 'Wizard of Oz', & 'Mars Attacks'.

All time favorite is probably 'Shawshank Redemption' for lots of reasons (Stephen King ROCKS, what he suffered through, and the serenity of the ocean and how it erases all memory - which I relate to on a very personal level). Lots of movies bring happiness to me, it's why I'm parked on TCM. Really tough for me to pick a fav.

I didn't say FIVE EASY PIECES had a warm and fuzzy ending. The way that gas station scene was set up was just great.

I didn't say FIVE EASY PIECES had a warm and fuzzy ending.

The only thing that could have redeemed Five Easy Pieces would have been if Karen Black had taken a glass ketchup bottle to Jack Nicholson's skull during that diner scene. :)

The only thing that could have redeemed Five Easy Pieces would have been if Karen Black had taken a glass ketchup bottle to Jack Nicholson's skull during that diner scene.

And then go hitchhiking off with the tough chicks while Bobby goes on to visit his family? Rayette doing that wouldn't seem a little incongruous to you?

The only thing that could have redeemed Five Easy Pieces would have been if Karen Black had taken a glass ketchup bottle to Jack Nicholson's skull during that diner scene.

And then go hitchhiking off with the tough chicks while Bobby goes on to visit his family? Rayette doing that wouldn't seem a little incongruous to you?

He could have been sentenced to a lifetime monogamous marriage with Susan Anspach in a no-divorce state.  That would've been a fitting punishment for his behavior in the diner.

Correction, though:  I should have said that Lorna Thayer should have conked him with the ketchup bottle, not Karen Black.  It's been awhile since I've seen that godawful film, and I have no inclination to see it again in order to further refresh my memory.

It's been awhile since I've seen that godawful film, and I have no inclination to see it again in order to further refresh my memory.

Well, at least your penchant for violent imagery as a reaction to an un-liked character is current.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings