Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Summer Daytime Programing

rickzupp

Has anyone truly enjoyed the daytime programing this summer? To me it has been lame starting with the whole week of John Wayne. Silent films, foreign silent films, musicals, one right after the other, I'm expecting a silent foreign musical any day now.

Has anyone truly enjoyed the daytime programing this summer? To me it has been lame starting with the whole week of John Wayne. Silent films, foreign silent films, musicals, one right after the other, I'm expecting a silent foreign musical any day now.

Now that we know what you don't like, what do you want to see in its place?  More swashbucklers?  More noirs?  More pre-codes?  More sci-fi B-movies?  More Clever White Man vs. Noble Savages spectaculars?  C'mon, give us a hint.

Now that we know what you don't like, what do you want to see in its place?  More swashbucklers?  More noirs?  More pre-codes?  More sci-fi B-movies?  More Clever White Man vs. Noble Savages spectaculars?  C'mon, give us a hint.

Any kind of B&W movie filmed before 1963 not included in my post.

Personally, I think the programming has been just fine in the daytime this summer.

That's great for you, but I watch TCM while working out. If I wanted to read I'd get a book, if I wanted to hear music and watch dancing I'd go to a club. I like a simple B&W movie that doesn't take a whole lot of concentration, so I can still keep up with the plot. Lately I've had to resort to FXM, but all they show are the Fox movies Turner didn't buy. 

Personally, I think the programming has been just fine in the daytime this summer.

That's great for you, but I watch TCM while working out.

I think it's safe to say that you probably represent the smallest minority around here.  Not that there's anything wrong with that, but you might want to consider working out in front of your computer and watching any of the many pre-1963 B&W movies that TCM On Demand provides.  That way you can have a big choice of the movies you like while you're powerpacking your abs, while at the same time not forcing everyone else to cater to your singular taste.

• Like 1

That's great for you, but I watch TCM while working out. If I wanted to read I'd get a book, if I wanted to hear music and watch dancing I'd go to a club. I like a simple B&W movie that doesn't take a whole lot of concentration, so I can still keep up with the plot. Lately I've had to resort to FXM, but all they show are the Fox movies Turner didn't buy. 

Why B&W?   I only ask because I wonder if you feel that generally B&W movies take don't require 'a whole lot of concentration' compared to color movies.     This is somewhat the case with 30's 'programmers' but not the case with, say,  40's and 50's noir films (which can have very complex plots).

That's great for you, but I watch TCM while working out.

I think it's safe to say that you probably represent the smallest minority around here.  Not that there's anything wrong with that, but you might want to consider working out in front of your computer and watching any of the many pre-1963 B&W movies that TCM On Demand provides.  That way you can have a big choice of the movies you like while you're powerpacking your abs, while at the same time not forcing everyone else to cater to your singular taste.

Evidently you don't know much about working out. It's difficult to left weights or ride an exercise bike while trying to watch a 20" screen, I've tried, when it's so much easier to see on a 55"

Evidently you don't know much about working out. It's difficult to left weights or ride an exercise bike while trying to watch a 20" screen, I've tried, when it's so much easier to see on a 55"

I used to watch a 13" black and white screen when I lifted weights. I didn't miss much of what was going on, except during the bench press.  Now I use a 17" color screen when I use a treadmill or exercise bike. No problems viewing (but some problems hearing).

However, I think the solution to your problem is to get a video cable and run TCM On Demand through your 55" monitor, assuming your computer is reasonably close to your screen. If that won't work, I'd suggest listening to some music for inspiration;  for instance, listening to the soundtrack from Rocky worked for me when I used to work on a 70-lb bag.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings