Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is it just me...

NipkowDisc

or am I the only one who feels a little quesy looking at his or her home page and wondering about the state of mind of the people responsible for the news items we see highlighted there?  :)

I hope it is just you for the sake of others.      Really,  what 'news items'  can anyone see here?     Adding a happy face doesn't make any of your post easier to understand.

I do not know what you use as a homepage. I would suggest that you change it if it is not to your liking. The loss of visitors will send a message to the webmaster that their content is not appreciated. Many people use a blank homepage.

I do not know your browser. Changing the homepage in Chrome is a matter of opening the toolbox, selecting: "Settings" and then modifying the: "On startup" setting.

Our homepage is a 404 screen. You must use a bookmark or know precisely where to click to move away from it.

or am I the only one who feels a little quesy looking at his or her home page and wondering about the state of mind of the people responsible for the news items we see highlighted there?  :)

If you are speaking of certain responses to the threads I have started, I take only responsibility for myself here in saying that I have posted them not knowing where they were going to go. I am being completely honest here. The drama people have brought there not relating to the topic is not my responsibility. I am here to talk classics.

I do not know what you use as a homepage. I would suggest that you change it if it is not to your liking. The loss of visitors will send a message to the webmaster that their content is not appreciated. Many people use a blank homepage.

I do not know your browser. Changing the homepage in Chrome is a matter of opening the toolbox, selecting: "Settings" and then modifying the: "On startup" setting.

Our homepage is a 404 screen. You must use a bookmark or know precisely where to click to move away from it.

I believe you have figured out what that post was about;  This person has CNN or some news site other than Fox as their Home Page.   I believe this is true because in another thread they complained about the media coverage related to what is going on in Gaza.

So good advise;  one should set their homepage to something that doesn't offend them or something very generic like Google.  DUH!   

Occasionally, I will set my home page to (one of) my local news sources. All the "big" news pages belong in the shredder, IMO. Mostly, I have it set on Google. I find Yahoo!'s offerings to be very broad, with only about 1% of any interest to me - if that.

wondering about the state of mind of the people responsible for the news

finch_network_rect-460x307.jpg

I for one, believe this movie was absolutely prophetic and call what I see on TV "news media" ...it certainly isn't intelligent reporting. 

Internet "news" is even more ridiculous. Insulting.

• Like 1

I for one, believe this movie was absolutely prophetic and call what I see on TV "news media" ...it certainly isn't intelligent reporting. 

"..and call what I see on TV "news media".. "

:lol:

You left out the word "circus"

AOL certainly provides more interesting news items that the local news in my area.  There we get a lot of..."Tune in at 11 to find out which common household item could be putting your life at risk!"  Yeah, that sort of crap.  Don't know WHAT they're thinking..  Either this kind of swill or the latest news about former mayor and imprisoned creep KWAME KILPATRICK, as if we actually GIVE a F****

Sepiatone

finch_network_rect-460x307.jpg

I have to disagree about Internet news because the type of info (or BS), one can get on the Internet is so wide.  This is no ONE 'the Internet',  but instead thousand or sources.   Therefore any one statement or opinion related to the content on the Internet is folly.

I can agree with 'much of what poses as 'news' on the Internet is just opinion or distorted BS'.     But the Internet also contains a lot of solid news.    The issue with the internet is that with so many choices and so many sources it is hard to know which ones are solid or not.

So many irrelevant news items like if a bachelorette has a nervous breakdown over a bad hairdo. Why is that news?  :lol:

The reason is simple;  Marketing.     Those that decide what goes on a web page (or what doesn't),  make their decision based on their view of what people would be interested in.   i.e.  what item is likely to get a user to click on said item.    Clicks equal revenue. 

This is similar to what films a station like TCM decides to broadcast or not.    

In both cases the ones making a decision are trying to gain the attention of groups of people,  NOT just you.    So when you ask 'is it just me',  the actual answer is it is NOT just about you it is about a much wider demographic.

So when you ask 'is it just me',  the actual answer is it is NOT just about you it is about a much wider demographic.

Bravo! How logical!

Not really. When someone asks "is it just me?", what they're asking is if anyone else besides them feels or thinks as they do about what they've described. The question is not "is this just about me?" as james has decided to twist it.

I think I know what the OP was referring to...

...That feeling that a wider range of people have come to accept what one has always thought of as ridiculous or outrageous to the point it seems as if all of society has fallen asleep beside some kind of pods...

Sepiatone

I think I know what the OP was referring to...

...That feeling that a wider range of people have come to accept what one has always thought of as ridiculous or outrageous to the point it seems as if all of society has fallen asleep beside some kind of pods...

Sepiatone

But that feeling is bogus;  There has always been a wide range of people,  if not a majority,  in this country,  that are interested in the ridiculous or outageous.    You have heard of the expression;  There is a sucker born every minute.   That expression wasn't coined in the last 20 years.    The hippies didn't invent it.