Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Epic!: History on the Big Screen -- anyone know this book?

Swithin

I'm rearranging my bookshelves and have a copy of this book. It's huge, none of my shelves is tall enough to accommodate it! Does anyone know this book's reputation? Author is Baird Searles. It's kind of a coffee-table book (published by Harry Abrams, 1990), but I don't want to keep it on a table. Nice photos, interesting text. 

Yes, I do have it. It's packed away in a box. I remember it being HUGE like its subject.......

I think that may be its fate in my apartment. New York City apartments are not big enough for this book! At least mine isn't.  I've had it on a fairly high bookshelf, but because of its size, it needed to lean, which takes up too much space and creates other problems as well.

I think that may be its fate in my apartment. New York City apartments are not big enough for this book! At least mine isn't.  I've had it on a fairly high bookshelf, but because of its size, it needed to lean, which takes up too much space and creates other problems as well.

Yeah, I can understand. It's a HUGE book........

I'm rearranging my bookshelves and have a copy of this book. It's huge, none of my shelves is tall enough to accommodate it! Does anyone know this book's reputation? Author is Baird Searles. It's kind of a coffee-table book (published by Harry Abrams, 1990), but I don't want to keep it on a table. Nice photos, interesting text.

I have this book as well. It IS huge, and I have it displayed oy coffee table. I enjoy going back to it from time to time. I also enjoy its setup, but its nowhere near exhaustive as I would've liked.

It probably would sell for a good amount as I'd imagine it's out of print by now. I think I got it through one of my book clubs at the time, so I got a good deal.........

Well I got mine for $2.00 at a local used book store.  Every few months, they have sales where designated hardback books are 2 dollars, and soft cover books are $1.00.  I went the day before, scoped out the books I wanted (conveniently in the Movie and Biography sections) and made sure I was the first in line the next morning.

I particularly like the two-page color photo of my favorite epic, The Egyptian.  And two full pages in this book is a lot of space!  The book is 13 1/2 inches tall; my tallest bookshelf is just under that. The tallest film book on the shelf is the 13 inch The Paramount Story.

I particularly like the two-page color photo of my favorite epic, The Egyptian.  And two full pages in this book is a lot of space!  The book is 13 1/2 inches tall; my tallest bookshelf is just under that. The tallest film book on the shelf is the 13 inch The Paramount Story.

I have that one too! LOL. I miss my book clubs. They all went under............. :(

Well I got mine for $2.00 at a local used book store.  Every few months, they have sales where designated hardback books are 2 dollars, and soft cover books are $1.00.  I went the day before, scoped out the books I wanted (conveniently in the Movie and Biography sections) and made sure I was the first in line the next morning.

WOW. What a bargain! They sure missed out on the value of that one. You're gain!