Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The White Sister

midnight08

I was looking forward to watching and recording "The White Sister" this afternoon but then I had a last minute emergency to attend to. By the time I got back to my house I realized there were only 20 minutes left before it ended. I still turned it on and noticed that there was intermittent crackling in the sound and the picture looked faded and washed out. I was wondering if anyone else noticed this. Was it a bad print or was there something wrong with my cable?

I don't remember this movie ever being on TCM before. I do have an old copy taped from TNT (with commercials) over 20 years ago but I don't know of any prior showing on TCM.

I also noticed that the DVD is available but it is combined with the silent version of this movie with Lillian Gish. I already have that copy.

I was looking forward to watching and recording "The White Sister" this afternoon but then I had a last minute emergency to attend to. By the time I got back to my house I realized there were only 20 minutes left before it ended. I still turned it on and noticed that there was intermittent crackling in the sound and the picture looked faded and washed out. I was wondering if anyone else noticed this. Was it a bad print or was there something wrong with my cable?

I don't remember this movie ever being on TCM before. I do have an old copy taped from TNT (with commercials) over 20 years ago but I don't know of any prior showing on TCM.

I also noticed that the DVD is available but it is combined with the silent version of this movie with Lillian Gish. I already have that copy.

I think it has been shown, but for some reason it doesnt pop up very often (the Hayes version) I've never seen it, but I have the Gish version..........

It was a very bad print...completely washed out, not easy to see much detail.  Desperately in need of restoration.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings