Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Have Gun - Will Travel remake!?!?

WagonTrain

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So you have never seen the Huston \ Bogie version of The Maltese Falcon?

What say we keep our points on topic here, James?!

As in, what I WOULD have said..."So you have never seen the Coen Bros / Jeff Bridges version of True Grit"?

(...get my point?...as in a WESTERN remake?...and one pretty much recognized as being superior to the Duke Wayne version?) ;)

What say we keep our points on topic here, James?!

As in, what I WOULD have said..."So you have never seen the Coen Bros / Jeff Bridges version of True Grit"?

(...get my point?...as in a WESTERN remake?...and one pretty much recognized as being superior to the Duke Wayne version?) ;)

I agree that True Grit is a better example; not just because it is a western but a recently released remake as well.  

I watched parts of the Wayne version a few nights back and the remake is superior but mostly due to the lead actors other than Wayne being rather weak.

• 7 months later...

I assume you're referring to SATAN MET A LADY. THE MALTESE FALCON is one of the very few remakes that is better than the first version; HIS GIRL FRIDAY is another.

The remake that the Bogie version is better than that I was referring to is the 1931 version with Ricardo Cortez.   While Satan Met A Lady is based on the book there are so many changes I don't know if I would call it a version of The Maltese Falcon, per se.   

As for His Girl Friday;  Hawks really did a great job on this film with the changes made by him and the writers.  

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings