Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Actors Whose Images/Personas Have Not Aged Well

Tattoos are horrid on women. Blemishes. Don't like 'em on men either, but I'm all "meh" about them.

On women, deal breaker. I would be un-attracted to the prospect of dating a women who's tatted.

Tattoos are horrid on women. Blemishes. Don't like 'em on men either, but I'm all "meh" about them.

On women, deal breaker. I would be un-attracted to the prospect of dating a women who's tatted.

I used to think that way myself until about ten years ago when I started meeting lots of people who had them.   I quickly found out that they don't bite, and for the most part aren't really all that different from most of the other people I know, once you get to know them.

But then I'm a pretty tolerant sort.  I even have a few good friends who drive SUVs and vote Republican.  They may sometimes try to shoot you, but they don't bite, either. ;)

I used to think that way myself until about ten years ago when I started meeting lots of people who had them.   I quickly found out that they don't bite, and for the most part aren't really all that different from most of the other people I know, once you get to know them.

But then I'm a pretty tolerant sort.  I even have a few good friends who drive SUVs and vote Republican.  They may sometimes try to shoot you, but they don't bite, either. ;)

I didn't say I won't associate with tatted people. I certainly do. But tattoos are unattractive to me and for romantic purposes I tend to go out with women to whom I'm physically attracted to begin with.

In romance, tats are a turn off right from the get go. Why am I so averse? Don't know for sure - I just see the tats as blemishes - a ruination of beauty. So I date women who don't have 'em, rather than those who do. I know if I dated a tatted woman, she'd get her feelings hurt when she sensed what a turn off they are to me.

To me a tat is an adornment.   A way to either bring attention to oneself or to show solidary to a group (and often both).

I view both reasons to be 'silly' but most people in our society do play 'dress up' (adorn themselves regardless of how practical it is); Tats, wearing high heal shoes, make-up,  very tight clothing or one of my favorites;  dressing up like a cowboy when one has never been on the range and has no plans that day to ride a horse!    

The thing with a tat is how permanment it is.   e.g. I adorned myself with very long hair during my youth.   This wasn't practical since I lived in So Cal.   Shorter hair is more comfortable.    But getting one hair's cut is easy.  Removing tats,  not so much.

I think women should have the right to decide what they want to do with their own bodies. It's their bodies, not yours. 

No one even hinted that women (or men),  shouldn't have the right to decide what they wish to do with their own bodies.

NO ONE.      But people also have a right to think doing certain things are silly,  immature or stupid.   I tell my wife this when she complains that her feet hurt after wearing high heel shoes.  

No one even hinted that women (or men),  shouldn't have the right to decide what they wish to do with their own bodies.

NO ONE.      But people also have a right to think doing certain things are silly,  immature or stupid.   I tell my wife this when she complains that her feet hurt after wearing high heel shoes.  

I was talking about that with my daughter. I said something like "I would never wear high heels - they're a ridiculous shoe to walk in".  She responded, "They are - but if you were a woman, you'd wear 'em."

Look at the specific posts highlighting people's taste for tattoos on women. 

I did look re-read the post and there isn't one that imply women "shouldn't have the right to decide what they wish to do with their own bodies".    

What the post do say is they don't like them,  think they look ugly, or wouldn't date a women that had one.    

So what I'm seeing here is someone looking very hard for demons where no demons exist.    

I did look re-read the post and there isn't one that imply women "shouldn't have the right to decide what they wish to do with their own bodies".    

What the post do say is they don't like them,  think they look ugly, or wouldn't date a women that had one.    

So what I'm seeing here is someone looking very hard for demons where no demons exist.    

It still is a judgment, devaluing someone based on their looks. 

Also, I think you are referring to the wrong parties with your last sentence. 

If you restricted yourself to physically attractive men in Cleveland, you'd be in trouble.

Don't believe the stereotypes perpetuated on the TV Land show, there are a lot of hot men in Cleveland. 

It still is a judgment, devaluing someone based on their looks. 

Also, I think you are referring to the wrong parties with your last sentence. 

Of course it is a judgement but that has nothing to do with what you implied.  Nothing at all.  As for my last sentence and who is looking for demons when there are none: That was meant for you and I feel it still applies.

Of course it is a judgement but that has nothing to do with what you implied.  Nothing at all.  As for my last sentence and who is looking for demons when there are none: That was meant for you and I feel it still applies.

Such a drama queen, today, aren't we? I think we should probably get back on topic here, before someone who displays an attitude and doesn't like being called on that attitude gets super sensitive super quick. How did this develop towards this? Oh right, the standards that defined an attractive woman and how that factors into images/persona that hasn't aged well. 

Such a drama queen, today, aren't we? I think we should probably get back on topic here, before someone who displays an attitude and doesn't like being called on that attitude gets super sensitive super quick. How did this develop towards this? Oh right, the standards that defined an attractive woman and how that factors into images/persona that hasn't aged well. 

Wow you still will not own the comments you make.  Oh well par for the course. 

It all started because you accused people of having a POV they didn't have.

But yea, we should move on since you will never admit that, maybe,  just maybe,  you jumped the gun.

Wow you still will not own the comments you make.  Oh well par for the course. 

It all started because you accused people of having a POV they didn't have.

But yea, we should move on since you will never admit that, maybe,  just maybe,  you jumped the gun.

I know the comments I made, I am not responsible for your reaction to them. If you don't want the label, don't have the attitude. 

I know the comments I made, I am not responsible for your reaction to them. If you don't want the label, don't have the attitude. 

I don't have a problem with you calling me names.    I'm just another one in a long line of people you define as trouble makers.     

Oh,  and if the people did imply women "shouldn't have the right to decide what they wish to do with their own bodies" why didn't you site their post,  when you were asked to do so?     Come on, we all know the answer;  You couldn't site a post because none existed.

But hey, carry on!      

Also, I would like to point out that I am not perfect, and I really wonder why you and a couple of members are singling me out when you could be contributing to the discussion. If you have a problem with me, private message me. Don't broadcast it on here.