Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I ADORE the film~ "Saratoga Trunk"!

Jerial7

I had to watch this movie at least twice before I got the whole idea of the picture in my mind.  But OH when I did, it has become my all time favorite movie!  I can watch it every day and not get tired of it!  The chemistry between Ingrid and Gary is amazing, and the story line is unlike anything either of them has ever done!  Truly this is unlike any other movie I have ever seen, and the cast and script are so unusual.... The script lets Gary and Ingrid be real, and "talk", "sing", and make love (so to say)- so life like. There has not been another movie that allows the characters be REAL.  You just have to watch to understand.....   I can't understand why it is not more popular than it is... Any one else feel as I do? 

Saratoga Trubk is not one of my favourites but it is certainly a film that has a number of noteworthy virtues, particularly in the way of production values. Great costumes and sets, splendidly capturing a sense of New Orleans.

Cooper is interesting and rather good, I feel, the closest that he came to playing Rhett Butler. Bergman, on the other hand, appears miscast to me and her character downright irritating, at times. The story takes forever to tell, and the casting of British character actress Flora Robson as a "mammy" can, at best, be described as unfortunate.

I think that the musical score of Max Steiner's is quite glorious, one of the best of that composer's illustrious career. Steiner's music is possibly my favourite aspect of the film.

Archived