Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Blackboard Jungle

TCM is airing Blackboard Jungle on Wednesday May 27th at 11:30 a.m.

It is a little-known fact that director Richard Brooks experienced some copyright issues with the title; seems John Huston thought people would confuse it with Asphalt Jungle, produced 5 years earlier.

The two filmmakers settled the dispute out of court, over a few dry martinis at Huston's place.Also they each promised they wouldn't smash the other's jazz record collection.

What's the story of Joseph Losey's Concrete Jungle (1960)?  It was called The Criminal in the UK where it was made and retitled for American release.

Bloody Jungle pictures, I tell you.  Can't tell one from another.  Which one has got the monkey in it? 

What's the story of Joseph Losey's Concrete Jungle (1960)?  It was called The Criminal in the UK where it was made and retitled for American release.

Bloody Jungle pictures, I tell you.  Can't tell one from another.  Which one has got the monkey in it? 

Well Concrete Jungle isn't a good film noir title like Asphalt Jungle!   ;)  

Well Concrete Jungle isn't a good film noir title like Asphalt Jungle!   ;)  

Agreed, I'm just wondering if there was a fuss about Blackboard Jungle then why would they intentionally change a film that already had a title to Concrete Jungle?